RooMeeting is an Open Source J2EE web application that aim to help companies managing meeting rooms.
This management rely on some principles :
- Some sites hosts somes rooms
- Rooms offer some features, like the ability to do some video-conference, to access wi-fi... anything you wish to declare.
- A user is linked to a profile that give him access only to a specific part of the application.
Among all its features, RooMeeting offers the following :
- A restricted administration area to manage your company data (users, sites, rooms...)
- A rich search engine, which target automatically the room that best fit a meeting request
- A facility to locate rooms, relying on GoogleMaps and plans
- An integration with almost all calendar products (Microsoft Outlook, Google Agenda, IBM Lotus Notes...) with the iCalendar export feature.
Coming Soon :
- An integration with externals user datasource, as Microsoft Exchange
- Incidents reporting to room managers