This release brings an important bugfix and some enhancements. Specifically:
- Fixed an important issue introduced in version 1.7 which caused the server to stop permanently after a system reboot on many Linux distributions.
- Now, systemd-tmpfiles is used to create temporary folders and files on systemd-based distributions.
- The main thread now calls the garbage collector on each iteration, reducing memory usage.
- An internal socket pair has been created. One of the sockets is added to all select.select calls for reading, so the server nolonger delays on stop.
- On Windows, if you press enter directly on service_manager.cmd, it will prompt for elevated privileges if required.
- Added an installation script for ArchLinux. It will clean the service and other files when uninstalling.
- Python2 was called accidentally on ArchLinux on server restart operation.
- The service is disabled on all systemd-based platforms before uninstalling the package.
- Code optimizations and other tweaks.
Upgrade note: if you are upgrading from version 1.6 or earlier, you must modify your configuration file and change the pidfile parameter to
/var/run/NVDARemoteServer/NVDARemoteServer.pid. Otherwise, the server will fail to start.