by John Hinrichs
GA WDI NYC Jan 14, Project 1
DanceShare is a Yelp-like application that allows users to write reviews for modern dance concerts.
- Ruby 2.1.0
- Ruby on Rails 4.0.2
- PostgreSQL Database
- Yelp API with the OAuth gem to structure and standardize venue information.
- PgSearch gem to use PostgreSQL's full-text search capabilities
- User should be able to sign up for an account
- User should be able to create a Performance with Venue, date, and time
- User should be able to view recent and upcoming Performances
- User should be able to Review a Performance
- User should be able to create a Company for which they are an admin
- Only Companies should be able to create Performances
- Company should be able to verify the Venue they entered when adding a Performance
Full documentation of the process of making Dance Share can be found on John's Pivotal Tracker
DanceShare was developed as a project for General Assembly's 12-week Web Development Immersive program.