What is pircie?
pircie ( pronounced like the name "Percy" /per-see/ ) is an IRC bot framework.
Because c'mon, there are like, zero of those out there.
It stands for uh, Python IRC Integrated Environment. Yeah. That's it.
How does it work?
- You define a bot in a bot.ini file
- You select and configure plugins (also in that bot.ini file)
- You run server.py
- You use your bot
It's really that easy. Don't believe me? Check out the example bot.ini.
How about writing plugins?
- Choose the hooks you need
- Write functions to do what you want.
- Add the plugin to your bots.ini
Also easy. Still don't believe me? Check out the fortune plugin.
I want to see a demo.
Would you like a pony with that?
Hop onto #pircie on Freenode and give it a whirl.
This is still in development, so I'm probably going to break your stuff later if you try to use it now.