What is Storytlr?
Storytlr is an open source lifestreaming and micro blogging platform. You can use it for a single user or it can act as a host for many people all from the same installation.
# Import your web 2.0 life: Pick your sources and they will appear as a lifestream directly on your site. We currently support the following services: Delicious, Digg, Disqus, Flickr, Google Reader, Identi.ca / Laconi.ca, Last.fm favorites, Picasa, Qik, RSS Feeds, Seesmic, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitpic pictures in Twitter tweets, Twitter, Vimeo, Youtube Favorites
You can find more information about Storytlr online at http://storytlr.googlecode.com/
What else is in this fork?
This fork is a working copy that includes several patches not present in 0.9.2. Eventually most of these changes will find their way into core.
- A tool to rename users (dangerous if not handled properly)
- Plugins built in for...
- Ability to delete items that are from other sources (not just ones from Storytlr itself)
- tidy is replaced by htmLawed
- Misc fixes for issues reported on the Google group
- Misc fixes from other forks
- Clone the repo to where you want it
- Edit /protected/config/config.ini
- Load /protected/install/database.sql
- Sign in with user "admin" password "storytlr"
- Change your password
- Install sources
Switch From 0.9.2 Core
- Clone the repo over your source (or out of tree and switch them)
- Load /protected/install/migration-0.9.2.sql
- Check your /protected/config/config.ini
Tracking This Fork
Once you have switched to this fork it will update quickly. There are a migration SQL files in /protected/install/migration-*.sql that should always be safe to apply to your database, they only alter or create as needed.
So, the update steps are:
- Run git pull origin master
- Import the latest migration SQL file (or all of them to be safe)
To get help for this specific fork, you can contact me on twitter @jmhobbs