Platform Engineering, Software Engineering, Kubernetes, Go, Terraform, GitOps
- Principal Software Engineer @ Dataminr
- Co-organiser Kubernetes Community Days UK
- Co-organiser Cloud Native London
- Organiser Cloud Native Cambridge
- Occasional conference speaker (see my past talks)
I'm a software and infrastructure engineer, hobbyist data scientist, photographer, cyclist, mechanical keyboard enthusiast, and dog owner living in Cambridge, UK. I specialise in container orchestration, software development, continuous delivery, and cloud operations. With over a decade of experience, I have extensive knowledge of a range of technologies within the infrastructure and software engineering spaces, including:
- Kubernetes & containers
- AWS cloud administration
- Go, TypeScript, Python, and C# programming languages
- Infrastructure as Code, with extensive Terraform experience
- Continuous integration & delivery systems (CircleCI, ConcourseCI, TeamCity)
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
I'm currently a Principal Software Engineer at Dataminr working on developer tooling and deploying & managing Kubernetes at scale. Previously I have worked at Weaveworks on the Weave GitOps Enterprise and Liquid Metal teams, Snyk solving Kubernetes and container security challenges, and Condé Nast building a large scale global Kubernetes platform.
Occasionally I speak at tech events and meetups, you can see my various slide decks on Speaker Deck.
Originally from Perth Australia 🇦🇺, I now live in Cambridge UK 🇬🇧.