- Fix #29 — Don't throw unexpected unary expression error when parsing negative numbers.
- Fix #22 — Handle high badge counts on nav dropdown.
- Fix #30 — Weird content clipping when editing really long documents.
- Fix #26 — Don't double-encode HTML entities in JSON output.
Brand new features:
- Genghis doesn't require a webserver! Ghengis.php now runs as a standalone server with the PHP 5.4 CLI SAPI.
- Genghis doesn't require PHP! Introducing Genghis.rb — Thanks @TylerBrock for doing all the work :)
- Add super-simple RubyGems installation.
gem install genghisappis the new hotness.
- Add a command line executable / daemon. You're just a
genghisappaway. How rad is that?
- Add support for pre-configured servers via the
- Add support for replica sets, e.g.
Tons of improvements:
- Add this CHANGELOG. Meta.
- Genghis now has a more refined visual style — greeeeen!
- More responsive design (check it in a really small window!)
- Epic document parsing and rendering overhaul:
- Huge speed improvements. Rendering, collapsing and scrolling like wow.
- Date, ObjectId and regular expression values (and more) are now formatted (and edited) for humans, not robots.
- Documents are now displayed and edited as Genghis Flavored JSON, a more lenient and intuitive superset of JSON.
- UX Improvements:
- Speed up the initial page load time.
- Update code editor. The new one (CodeMirror) is lighter, faster, smaller and a cleaner implementation.
- Add Cmd+Enter / Ctrl+Enter keyboard shortcut for saving the document being edited.
- Prevent "new document" modal from closing on background click.
- Better "keyboard shortcuts" dialog on smaller screens.
- Require database name confirmation rather than DELETE before removing a db.
- Collection removal is paranoid as well: it also requires confirmation before removing.
- Restore spinning states to most sections — a spinner will show rather than displaying incorrect or outdated info.
- Expando-matic search box. No more squinting or scrolling to see your massive queries.
- Update Bootstrap (2.1.0), jQuery (1.8.0), Underscore (1.3.3), and Backbone (0.9.2).
- Use UglifyJS instead of closure compiler to minify JS. It's faster and doesn't require Java :)
- Mustaches! Now using Hogan.js instead of Underscore templating.
- Check for updates. You can disable this with a
- Add a welcome screen with project link and version info.
- The README has way more to READ.
- Spun off Bootstrappy styles for Apprise into their own project. Check it out!
- All this while reducing the codebase by about 10%. BOOM.
And a handful of bug fixes:
- Fix #19 — Only implicitly wrap MongoIds if they're 24 character hex strings.
- Fix #20 — Support creating and editing documents with an
- Fix output glitches when displaying a brand new document immediately after an existing document.
- Fix – handful of rare (and relatively benign) error messages.
- Fix — malformed server DSN could prevent servers list from rendering.
- Fix — rare bug where properties with a specific structure might be mistaken for ObjectIds or Dates.
- Fix — no longer recreates missing dbs and collections on GET requests.
- Fix — all sorts of things now 404 if they're missing, rather than rendering an empty page.
- Fix — assorted issues with running in subdirectories, and under nginx.
- Improve error handling in a couple of places.
- Mention the PECL driver dependency.
- Fix regressions with the search box.
- Fix auto-collapsing documents when there are a bunch.
- Escape HTML in folded document summaries.
- Update to Bootstrap v2.0.2.
- Fix error message regression when PECL Mongo driver isn't present.
- Fix missing CSS from the keyboard shortcuts help dialog.
- Minor cleanup.
- Add a keyboard shortcuts note to the footer.
- Namespace PHP classes.
- Improve document folding (style and performance!).
Genghis v1.3.0: Now with KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS!
- Update to Bootstrap v2.0.1.
- Work around bug with PECL Mongo driver < 1.0.11.
- Add authentication support.
- Expose additional details in server, database and collection rows.
Add a version number to docblocks and built packages.
Update to Bootstrap v1.4.0.
Fix an E_STRICT error in asset mime-type guessing.