UK International Keyboard
Hi! I'm a spanish person.
Some time ago, I bought a keyboard and a laptop in a web store in UK. Obviously they come with UK keyboard layout.
I do not like using a different keyboard layout than the proper of the device, so I searched through the Internet, and I found a custom Windows design that I love.
As a programmer I spend almost all my time in linux so I decided to port the project to xkb.
How to install
- Clone the repository where you want
- Open the repo folder
- Open a terminal in this folder and run as root
# cat uk-intl-kb >> /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/gb
- Open as root /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml with your favourite text editor
- Search layoutList -> layout -> configItem -> gb
- Go to its variantList and add
<variant> <configItem> <name>intlextd</name> <description>English (International, Extended)</description> </configItem> </variant>
- Select "English (International, Extended)" in your keyboard layout
Original project and thanks
So many thanks to James Campbell for the original project, you can download it from here: UK International Keyboard for Windows