Comic Strip PDF Renderer
Create a PDF of comic strips [or other images] with variable size pages to eliminate white margins
Program takes a folder of images and renders them into a PDF document with pages of variable sizes which eliminates the white border. This is extremely useful with comic strips which typically consist of a sequence of images meant to be viewed in order.
- Accepts PNG and JPEG image sequences
- Renders images in PDF document, one image per page, variable size, without margins
- Ruby 2
- Prawn, RMagic, image_size
Install (OS X)
- Install OS X Developer CLI Tools
- Install Homebrew
- Install Ruby 2
- Install ImageMagick
brew install imagemagick
- Install gem dependencies
gem install prawn image_size rmagick
Usage: comic_strip_pdf_renderer.rb TITLE ROOT_PATH TITLE The name of the comic strip, and the PDF filename to be used when written to disk. ROOT_PATH The directory containing the image sequence to be rendered into PDF.
Copyright (c) 2014 Jon Stacey. All Rights Reserved.
I grant the right of modification and redistribution of this program under the following conditions:
- All use is for non-commercial purposes [i.e. personal or academic]
- All redstributions must include this copyright notice and header
- You must make your source code changes available with your redistribution [especially when redistributed in binary form]
This script is provided "AS-IS" with no warranty or guarantees.