jprime is an experimental distributed prime number generator written in Ruby.
Adjust the job size and target number in jprime_server.rb
- Launch jprime_server.rb
- Launch a jprime_worker.rb for every processor/core across all the computers you want to distribute these calculations to! Or try jprime_worker_launcher.rb which will try to launch the appropriate number of workers for you.
- jprime_worker_launcher.rb - Helper app to launch a worker instance for each processor on the system.
- jprime_worker.rb - The distributable application that will perform the prime number calculations.
- jprime_server.rb - The server component that keeps everything from falling apart.
- proofer.rb - Verifies the generated prime numbers in a compressed data set.
Distributes under the same terms as Ruby