Note to Cocoa OpenSource Developers: If you release the source code to your project, please make the code available as a tar/gz archive, not DMG or StuffIt. Your GNUStep-using friends will thank you. Also be sure to check out ObjectLibrary. http://goo.gl/OeSCu
Applications (Do not create separate pages for your OSS application. Simply list them here with a link.):
- Adium: Cocoa open source IM alternative to iChat/AOL IM/Yahoo IM/MSN IM/Proteus/Fire. => [http://adium.im] *AppTrap: System integrated utility for uninstalling apps => [http://onnati.net/apptrap/] *AquaChat is an opensource IRC client for OS X in Cocoa [http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquachat] *AssignmentTracker X - [http://sourceforge.net/projects/asntrackerx/] Open source student oriented program to help you keep track of your assignments & grades *Billing Project: Keep track of multiple clients' billable events, rates, and expenses. Uses Cocoa Bindings, CoreData, AddressBook, and CalCalendar frameworks. [http://www.ascendiac.com/macosx.html] *Bluetooth AT Terminal: Communicate with a Bluetooth device using your Mac ==> [http://www.robbieduncan.net/bluetoothatterminal] *BooksForMacOSX: An application for managing personal book collections. => [http://books.aetherial.net] *Borkware: All the programs there include source, and include a handy list of points of interest in the code. => [http://borkware.com/] *Budget: Simple personnal finance manager for OS X in Cocoa. => [http://budget.sourceforge.net/] *Camino: Web browser wrapping a Cocoa UI around the Mozilla HTML rendering engine. Largely done in ObjectiveCPlusPlus [http://www.mozilla.org/projects/camino] *Car-100 Control: Control the Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Car from your Mac => [http://www.robbieduncan.net/car100] *ChemBuddy: Cocoa open-source chemical analysis program => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/chembuddy] *Chlor: Cocoa open-source vector graphics editor => [http://chlor.sourceforge.net/] *Chmox: Cocoa open-source CHM (Microsoft Compiled HTML) ebook reader => [http://chmox.sourceforge.net/] *CiphSafe: Cocoa open-source secure password manager => [http://ciphsafe.sourceforge.net/] *Clutter - [http://sprote.com/clutter/developer.html] Gets album art from iTunes and litters it all over your desktop. *Cocoalicious - [http://www.scifihifi.com/cocoalicious/] Cocoa del.icio.us client with full-text search using SearchKit. *Colloquy: An IRC & SILC chat client based on Irssi's core (wrapped in the ChatCore framework) => [http://colloquy.info] *Color Blender- Blend colors and return their hex/rgb values => [http://developer.mabwebdesign.com/colorblender.html] *CSS Optimizer- Compress CSS files => [http://developer.mabwebdesign.com/cssoptimizer.html] *CSVEdit A "Comma Separated Values" text file editor => [http://homepage.mac.com/levanj/Cocoa/] *CyberCat: Cocoa, fully plugin-based internet application => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/cybercat] *Cyberduck: [S]FTP client/browser => [http://cyberduck.ch/] *DragonDrop: Pop-up tabbed Finder-like windows => [http://cs.oberlin.edu/~dadamson/DragonDrop/] *Expound: Presentation app that integrates with LyricsFly and Flickr to build live presentations. Uses core animation. Contribute through google code. => [http://expoundapp.com] *Filie: A Finder clone. Unfinished and abandoned project, but source code available and was compiled successfully in 2008 => [http://www.zathras.de/filie.htm] *FinkCommander: a graphical front end to the fink package system => [http://finkcommander.sourceforge.net] *Fire.app is a GPLed IM client. [http://sourceforge.net/projects/fire/] *FScript : a scripting language built for Cocoa (also available as a framework). => [http://www.fscript.org] *FreeCell : A solitaire card game in which almost any deal can be won => [http://randomoracle.com/freecell/] *Frictionless: A Getting Things Done (GTD) program ala David Allen meets Stephen Covey . Written in RubyCocoa => [http://www.twinforces.com/frictionless/] *Fugu - A Mac OS X SFTP, SCP and SSH Frontend => [http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/] *GameBuilder is an opensource card-based game engine for OS X. Made in Objective-C if anyone is intrested working on it. [http://www.silvernetwork.net/cgi-bin/gmg/YaBB.pl?board=gb] *GCDrawKit is to vector drawing what NSTextView is to text editing, a complete one-stop-solution for implementing a drawing app. => [http://apptree.net/drawkit.htm] *GNUMail is a full feature mailer released under the GPL license. It is available for MacOSX and GNUstep. It is based on the Pantomime framework (released under the LGPL). [http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail and http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime] *Growl: Cocoa open source notification system => [http://growl.info/] *IEatBrainz - MusicBrainz.org client that integrates with iTunes *iModz - AppleScript + Cocoa iChat status manager => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/imodz/] *iNtension: Computer-Aided Dispatch application for a call and intervention center => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/intension/] *IStumbler: Cocoa AirPort and Bluetooth network and device discovery tool. Has a plugin architecture so you can easily extend the application. [http://istumbler.net/] *iTeXMac: TeX previewer written in Cocoa => [http://itexmac.sourceforge.net/] *iTheater: Mac media center. [http://itheaterproject.com/] *Khronos: A time tracker for logging time spent on projects. This project needs developer(s)! [http://code.google.com/p/khronos--time-tracker/] *Limechat: An IRC client for OS X. [https://github.com/psychs/limechat] *MacHg: GUI client for the Mercurial distributed revision control system. [http://www.jasonfharris.com/machg/] *MacVim: A port of the text editor Vim to Mac OS X. [http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim#readme] *MarcoPolo: Context-aware computing for Mac OS X. [http://www.symonds.id.au/marcopolo/] *MultiTerm aims to become an extendible Terminal Emulation which provides a high quality (nice look and feel) user interface for everyday terminal work. [http://www.13thfloor.at/MultiTerm/] *Newsflash: Usenet newsreader => [http://newsflash.sourceforge.net/] Declared 'inactive' by the developer as of October 24, 2003. The code is still available, though. *Nitro: A jabber client for Mac OS X => [http://nitro.jabberstudio.org] *Oolite - [http://oolite.aegidian.org/] Cocoa/OpenGL clone of the Elite space sim game from the '80s *OpenGroupware.org : a complete groupware server solution written in Objective-C. => [http://www.opengroupware.org] *OpenUp: file archive expanding utility. => [http://www.stepwise.com/Software/OpenUp/] (Dead Link) *OsiriX: image processing software dedicated to DICOM images (".dcm" / ".DCM" extension) produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT, PET, PET-CT, ...) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format). => [http://www.osirix-viewer.com] *OverView: Disk usage vizualizer in a very effective way, using color coded rectangles (treemap) => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/over-view/] *Pattern Builder: Software engineering development environment to help design and build a project template or "pattern" in an effort to write less code. [http://sourceforge.net/projects/patternbuilder] *Pixen - [http://www.opensword.org/Pixen]: The ultimate pixel pusher at AppleToolsMostWanted. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixen *Poster Paint - A simple painting app, a bit like MS Paint => [http://homepage.mac.com/robbieduncan/] *PureFTPd Manager - [http://jeanmatthieu.free.fr/pureftpd] Cocoa server administration frontend to pureftpd [http://www.pureftpd.org], a robust and highly customizable ftp server. *Qmind - A mind mapping app for Mac OS X 10.7+ [http://github.com/qvacua/qmind] *QuollEyeTree - An Xtree like file manager for Mac OS X v10.6 or v10.7 [http://binnie.id.au/Ian/TreeApp.html] *Remote Activity - [http://code.google.com/p/remoteactivity/] Job monitoring application for remote hosts. Supports most popular batch systems (SGE, PBS, LSF), Xgrid, and interactive jobs. *RuntimeBrowser [http://code.google.com/p/runtimebrowser/] Class browser for the Objective-C runtime, for Mac OS X and iPhone *ScrobblePod is a Last.fm scrobbler which supports iPod plays. [http://www.bengummer.net/scrobblepod/] *Sequel Pro is a MySQL database management utility. [http://code.google.com/p/sequel-pro/] *ShakesPeer is a DC++ compatible Direct Connect client for Mac OS X. [http://shakespeer.bzero.se] *Shiira: WebKit-based web browser => [http://hmdt-web.net/shiira/index-e.html] *Ski - S/Key challenge calculator for Opie or other S/Key-based OTP authentication systems [http://blee.org/Ski/] *Snatch.app - Open-source DVD ripping program based on mplayer for Mac OS X [http://impulsedev.sourceforge.net/] *SolarSeek - Is a SoulSeek network client for Mac => [http://solarseek.sourceforge.net/] *SpotLook - Spotlight graphical user interface for Leopard. [http://code.google.com/p/spotlook/] *StreamRipperX is an open-source application to split Internet radio streams into single MP3 files. [http://streamripperx.sourceforge.net] *Stonghold for Mac OSX 448 bit blowfish encrypted database application to store password, notes and any other private information. [http://osxsh.sourceforge.net] *SwissSMS - Send, store and export your SMS. Opensource, plugins based Cocoa application. [http://code.google.com/p/swisssms/] *TexShop: TeX previewer written in Cocoa => [http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html] *TimeWaster: Automatically tracks which applications you use and for how long => [http://www.robbieduncan.net/timewaster] *ToastMount: Mount ISO and other disk images on your desktop with drag-n-drop => [http://toastmount.sourceforge.net/] *Tototl: Lightweight Twitter Client for Mac OSX in Cocoa. => [http://tototl.googlecode.com] *TrailBlazer: Webkit/Lucene prototype user interface for a better browser history => [http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/macwarriors/projects/trailblazer] *Transcriptions: A Cocoa Objective-C 2.0 rtf-Text Editor optimized for fast transcription of audio- or video material => [http://code.google.com/p/transcriptions/] *viAllOver: Some of the power of vi in most cocoa text fields => [http://dabble.org/viallover/] << Always seeking developers *Vocable Trainer X: MichaelMeer's app to learn vocabulary in a foreign language; uses NSTableView => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/vocx/] *WikiNotes (GPL) [http://wikinotes.mug-linz.at/] << Seeking developers *Xphile: Radiology Teaching Library (GPL) => [http://homepage.mac.com/d2p/xphile] XT: Cocoa version of Ttris (GPL) => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx-blockgame]
*CocoaPaint: Cocoa open source paint/image program, dedicated programmers needed => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/cocoapaint] (no source code at all) *Downloadermac: Downloader is a universal cocoa application for downloading items from the internet. => [http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~downloadermac-dev/d-mac/trunk/files] (stub only) *PopWatch [http://popwatch.highteq.net](in the [http://osx.hyperjeff.net/Apps/Graveyard.php])
- ACID: An Objective-C Jabber/XML framework => [http://www.jabberstudio.org/projects/acid/project/view.php]
- Amber.framework a collection of categories and a handful of useful classes that extend Cocoa [http://code.google.com/p/amber-framework]
- Amelio: a framework for Mac OS X that allows Cocoa and Carbon applications to use USB input devices like gamepads and joysticks. [http://doomlegacy.idevgames.com/amelio/]
- Appscript.framework: a robust, flexible AppleEvents bridge for controlling "AppleScriptable" applications directly from Objective-C => [http://appscript.sourceforge.net/objc-appscript]
- AspectCocoa: an Aspect Oriented Programming framework for Cocoa / Objective-C => [http://www.ood.neu.edu/aspectcocoa/]
- BETaskHelper - Helps run NSTask interactively [https://github.com/incbee/BETaskHelper]
- BGHUDAppKit - HUD Controls with interface builder palette [http://www.binarymethod.com/content/bghudappkit.php]
- BioCocoa - A framework to read, write, and use biosequences.
- BWToolkit - A plugin for Interface Builder 3 that contains commonly used UI elements. => [http://www.brandonwalkin.com/bwtoolkit/]
- CamelBones: Cocoa-to-Perl bridge, lets you create Cocoa apps in Perl =>[http://camelbones.sourceforge.net]
- ChatCore: A chat framework wraped around Irssi (IRC) core & SILC toolkit (used by Colloquy) => [http://colloquy.info]
- CocoaFTP: Cocoa Framework for the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) => [http://www.schempp.ch/cocoaftp]
- CocoaREST: Cocoa library to interface with RESTful services (such as Twitter and Flickr) => [http://github.com/sdegutis/CocoaREST/tree/master]
- CocoaScriptMenu: Framework that adds a Script Menu to your program (just like iTunes,DVD Player, and Xcode have) with 2 lines of code. [http://indyjt.com/software]
- CocoaTech: CocoaTechBase and CocoaTechFoundation => [http://www.cocoatech.com/pathfinder3/opensource.php] (September 30, 2003)
- Cocoa XML-RPC Framework - http://sourceforge.net/projects/xml-rpc/ (February 14, 2004)
- Core Plot: A complete Cocoa plotting framework for Mac and iPhone - http://code.google.com/p/core-plot/ (January 2, 2010)
- Darwine: a project to port WINE to OSX / Darwin. [http://darwine.opendarwin.org]
- ED.frameworks: Cross-platform (Cocoa/GNUStep/WebObjects) frameworks useful to developers => [http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/software/EDFrameworks/index.html]
- ESSVideoShare: A framework for OS X and iOS to easily implement uploading videos to various sharing sites => [https://github.com/eternalstorms/ESSVideoShare-for-OS-X-Lion]
- Excelsior! XML Marshaller for Cocoa => [http://homepage.mac.com/jimbokun/Excelsior.html]
- An Objective-C/Cocoa implementation of FIT=> [http://fit.c2.com/wiki.cgi?ObjectiveCeePlatform]
- FeedbackReporter. Easily receive bug/crash reports or general feedback with system information. [http://vafer.org/projects/feedbackreporter/]
- FoundationCollectionsPalette provides an InterfaceBuilder pallette for the FoundationCollections. [http://www.geocities.com/kritter_cocoadev]
- FrothKit: A Objc/Cocoa/Cocotron web application framework. [http://frothkit.googlecode.com]
- FScript: a scripting language for Cocoa. [http://www.fscript.org]
- GNUstep [http://www.gnustep.org] is a (free, LGPL) implementation of both FoundationKit and AppKit. They also feature a interface builder: Gorm (cvs is really useable), and a ProjectBuilder clone: ProjectCenter.
- GoogleToolboxForMac: Collection of classes used by several of the Google projects. Includes extensive unittesting support. [http://code.google.com/p/google-toolbox-for-mac]
- Growl: Framework for developers to interact with the Growl notification system (which is also open-source) => [http://growl.info/documentation/developer/]
- IconaraDOM is a framework for representing XML-data in the document object model for Objective-C. [http://iconaradom.sf.net]
- KeyChain: is Objective C Foundation-based framework for accessing Keychain and Security services=> [http://sourceforge.net/projects/keychain/]
- LucidSQL provides a MySQL management framework for developers and a GUI for end users. [http://lucidsql.sourceforge.net]
- MacFUSE: Macintosh port of the FUSE (Filesystems in USErland) Filesystem from Linux; write your own filesystems without kernel hackery, includes ObjC-Class and an example filesystem. [http://macfuse.googlecode.com/]
- MailCore Framework: Cocoa e-mail framework for working with SMTP and IMAP => [http://www.mronge.com/code/]
- MOKit is a free collection of objects that extend Cocoa. The project is hosted at SourceForge and contributions are welcome. [http://mokit.sourceforge.net]
- MXKit is an LGPL set of Cocoa classes for doing arbitrary precision things (and much more) -- http://synthemesc.com
- NNTagging is a framework to tag your files, manage your tags and more (also supports OpenMeta tagging) -- [http://www.nudgenudge.eu/taggingframework]
- OAuthConsumer: Objective-C Framework for using OAuth ([http://oauth.net]) services. [http://code.google.com/p/oauthconsumer/]
- MPOAuth: Objective-C 2.0 Framework for using OAuth Web Services ([http://oauth.net]) services. [http://code.google.com/p/mpoauthconnection/]
- ObjectiveCTCL: Objective-C-based framework wrapper for Tcl's C-based API, easing use for Objective-C projects [http://sourceforge.net/projects/objectivectcl]
- The wonderful OmniFrameworks: [http://www.omnigroup.com/developer/sourcecode/] (also includes some other source code)
- OSFoundation: A framework of some convenience methods and an implementation of Smalltalk-style Blocks (OCBlock). => [http://homepage.mac.com/being]
- Pantomime: A framework supporting the major mail protocols: POP3, IMAP, and SMTP. Free and fast! => [http://www.collaboration-world.com/pantomime/]
- SPSearchStore: Objective-C framework for the SearchKit foundation API (July08-2011) [http://phildow.net/source-code/#SPSearchStore]
- PyObjC: Python and Objective-C bridge, lets you create Cocoa apps in Python => [http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/]
- QTKit is a project to make QuickTime fully accessible to Cocoa programmers. [http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtkit/]
- RegexKit: An Objective-C Framework for Regular Expressions using the PCRE Library for Mac OS X Cocoa and GNUstep. => [http://regexkit.sourceforge.net/]
- RESTframework: Lightweight Objective-C library for consuming RESTful web APIs => [http://github.com/ivasic/RESTframework/]
- SerialConnect: A Basic Serial Communication Cocoa Framework => [http://code.google.com/p/serialconnect/]
- SmallSockets: a lightweight wrapper for BSD sockets [http://smallsockets.sourceforge.net/]
- SMS Framework: A framework that decodes SMS messages from PDU format to easily usable objects. [http://kinks.ultralab.ac.uk/projects/cocoa/frameworks/sms/]
- SM2DGraphView Framework: Cocoa plotting framework => [http://www.snowmintcs.com] go to Developer page
- SOPE: A set of application server frameworks including a WebObjects implementation => [http://www.opengroupware.org/en/devs/sope/]
- STEnum: Categories that provide HOF enumerations like in SmallTalk, but uses function pointers instead of Blocks. [http://indyjt.com/software]
- TCMPortMapper: A framework for automatic port mapping using UPNP and NAT-PMP => [http://code.google.com/p/tcmportmapper/]
- TDParseKit: A framework for string tokenization and for creating parsers in Objective-C => [http://code.google.com/p/todparsekit/]
- TestKit: A framework supporting unit tests and test driven development
- WebCore: A framework for the cross-platform KHTML library => [http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/webcore/]
- WeShare Mobile for iPhone: A software library that simplifies content sharing throughout different channels (Facebook, Twitter, Delicious etc.). => [http://code.google.com/p/wesharemobile/]
- zc-aspect: An aspect-oriented programming library for objective-c => [http://code.google.com/p/zc-aspect/]
- Inversion of control implementation (dependecy injection) for iPhone => [http://github.com/mivasi/Objective-IOC]
- Objection: Inversion of control implementation (dependecy injection) for iPhone and Cocoa => [https://github.com/atomicobject/objection]
- Syringe: lightweight, zero-configuration dependency injection for Objective-C => [https://github.com/tomekc/Syringe]
- Zangetsu: A General purpose Framework for OS X and iOS => [https://github.com/Machx/Zangetsu]
- TheobromaCacao, TBCacao: Small and simple dependency injection for Objective-C => [https://github.com/qvacua/tbcacao]
- SMDoubleSlider: sliders with two knobs (thumbs) =>[http://developer.snowmintcs.com/controls/smdoubleslider/index.html]
- CircularSlider: => [http://www.sticksoftware.com/software/CircularSlider.html]
- AVNRkeyNavTableView: NSTableView subclass that implements keyboard navigation => [http://homepage.mac.com/toddransom/avenir/code.html] filteringArrayController: easily add multi-level filtering and search to your tables => [http://homepage.mac.com/toddransom/avenir/code.html]
- OpenGL - see CocoaOpenGL
- RBSplitView: => [http://www.brockerhoff.net/src/rbs.html] A NSSplitView replacement that, hopefully, fixes all problems people have been complaining about in NSSplitView ;-). Creative Commons license, full source code, IBPalette, documentation. Send feedback to Rainer Brockerhoff => [mailto:email@example.com].
- RuleEditor: A rules view similar to the Finder search feature in Tiger. BSD Licence, documentation. [http://code.google.com/p/ruleeditor/]
- PSMTabBarControl is used in Adium, iTerm, MacVim, Vienna.
- Pdf417View: => [http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdf417view/] pdf417View is an Interface Builder Palette for drawing 2D pdf417 bar codes. It is distributed under the LGPL.
- GCJumpBar: => [http://github.com/gcamp/GCJumpBar] NSControl subclass that mimics Xcode's Jump Bar.
- PSTreeGraph: => [http://github.com/epreston/PSTreeGraph] A tree graph view control for iPad applications.
*Other GPL/Open Source projects show up on OS X Freshmeat [http://osx.freshmeat.net/] fairly frequently. *For a list of open source cocoa projects with source available, head to [http://osx.hyperjeff.net/Apps/CocoaSource.html] *We have a few open chucks of code available on the code section of our website [http://www.blackholemedia.com/code] *I have created an open source project for a Lighting Control Framework called LightsOn, its available at [http://www.usbdmx.com/LightsOn] I would love some more people to join in the development. *I, and others, are working on a project called CocoaPods [https://github.com/CocoaPods/CocoaPods], which manages library dependencies for your Xcode project.
I can't make out which are the recently added items? Can we have a space for this?
I would have thought that hiving off inactive projects - in the sense that the sources are no longer available on the web - would be a better first move. Many older projects are plenty useful to for us to learn from. You can find recent projects (and much more) at http://osx.hyperjeff.net/Apps/apps?s=on&t=1&w=4 , one of the sites given as an "other link". Pour devenir figurant sur garder le numéro, vous aurez peuvent avoir comptes propriétaire (code RIO ) [http://obtenir-rio.info rio bouygues]. Vous obtiendrez pour totalement gratuit par entrer en contact avec la voix mots du serveur ou du service à la clientèle votre actuel fournisseur de services [http://obtenir-rio.info/rio-bouygues numero rio bouygues] . Vous ne acquérir un SMS avec vos . Avec du [http://obtenir-rio.info/rio-orange numero rio orange], alors vous serez en mesure de vous abonner vers le offre de de son sur rouge.