About the Project
The Jack Of All Trade Universe is an online marketplace for self-organized exchanges. The JoatUnit is a currency that is generated to promote community activities such as planting community gardens or teaching classes. More information can be found at joatu.com
- Ruby 2.1.3+
- Postgres 9.3+
- Postgis (Postgres Geo Extension) 2.1+
The following commands will get you set up to begin develpment on JoatU:
Check out the code:
git clone https://github.com/joatuapp/joatu-v2.git
Set up environment:
cp .env.example .env
- Edit .env file as necessary. SECRET_TOKEN, SECRET_KEY_BASE,
DEVISE_SECRET, and DEVISE_PEPPER should all be set with values created by
Set up the Database:
foreman start db(note: it will start then stay running for subsequent steps)
- In a new terminal window, from the code path, run
- In the original window, hit Ctl+C to stop the DB process.
Start the app server:
- Visit localhost:3000 to see the app!
Create an initial admin user and log in:
INITIAL_ADMIN_EMAILemail@example.com INITIAL_ADMIN_PASSWORD=foobar rake db:seed
- Log in to JoatU using email firstname.lastname@example.org, password foobar.
- Once logged in, you will have access to administration tools from within the "Manage JoatU" menu.
On subsequent runs, simply change to the app directory and run
to start the app. In the terminal window while the app is running, hit Ctl+C at
any point to shut down the app. The JoatU app uses a custom postgres database
(stored in vendor/postgresql) and will start that database when
is run. If
foreman start fails and you are running postgres for other
projects, please try shutting down any other instances of postgrss, and then
foreman start again.