Clone this wiki locally
Sashimi is a Rails plugins manager.
It allows to install your favourite plugins in a local repository and add them to your Rails apps.
The main goal is to allow the plugins offline installation.
$ (sudo) gem install jodosha-sashimi --source=http://gems.github.com
Install a plugin from a subversion URL:
$ sashimi install http://dev.rubyonrails.com/svn/rails/plugins/continuous_builder
Install a plugin from a git URL:
$ sashimi install git://github.com/jodosha/click-to-globalize.git
Uninstall a plugin:
$ sashimi uninstall continuous_builder
Update a plugin:
$ sashimi update click-to-globalize
List all installed plugins:
$ sashimi list
Add installed plugin(s) to a Rails app:
$ sashimi add click-to-globalize
Known And Common Issues
- When add a plugin to an app, make sure your current directory is the rails root.
- Only Subversion and Git repositories are currently supported.
- Check out the code and test it:
$ git clone git://github.com/jodosha/sashimi.git $ rake
- Create a ticket to: http://sushistar.lighthouseapp.com
- Create a patch and add as attachement to the ticket.
Partially inspired to RaPT[http://rapt.rubyforge.org/].
Copyright © 2008 Luca Guidi – http://lucaguidi.com, released under the MIT license