Joebert S. Jacaba
Openshift Demo https://openshift.kenchlightyear.com
- Container-ready - Tested on Openshift (Enterprise Kubernetes/Docker). Easily deployed to cloud for load balancing and high availability.
- Highly secure - Uses Spring Security, Passay password validator and bcrypt password hash
- Web-based - Unlimited branches possible, no setup necessary for branches (PCs at the branches will only need internet connection and a web-browser (Tested using Chrome)
- Centralized Database, management and reporting - No need for main office to solicit reports from branches (the Head office can generate any report of any branch at any time), the main server will be secured at the client's main office
- Real-time access and monitoring of activities - eliminates the possibility of fraudulent activities from branches
- Role-based access control - possible to set-up unlimited Encoder, Manager and Branch Owner Accounts
- Automated aging of pawned items
- Highly configurable interest rates per Branch on a daily basis
- Supports secure pullout of items from Branch (thru a Liaison account)
- Supports inter-branch cash replenishments
- Foreclosed items available for auction
- Supports pawn renewals
- Redeemed, Outstanding, Inventory, Foreclosed and Pulled-out item views
- Verbose statistics organized through various time periods
- Graphical activity reports
- Daily cash position report and cash disbursements (Basic Accounting)
- Customer Self-service - possible for customers to securely check status of pawned items and renew expiring items online
v0.1.2 BETA and older
Apache Tomcat 5.5
v0.1.3 BETA and newer
Apache Tomcat 8.0
Download Apache Tomcat 5 (tested on apache-tomcat-5.5.25)
tar xvzf apache-tomcat-5.5.25.tar.gz
Download and Install Mysql 5 (tested on 5.0.51a) on command prompt,
mysql -u root -pon sql> prompt,
create database prenda; grant all privileges on prenda.* to 'prenda'@'localhost' identified by 'prenda'; quit
- Extract package
tar xvzf prenda-0.1.1.tar.gz cd prenda
Copy prenda.war to webapps folder of Tomcat
cp prenda.war /path/to/tomcat/webapps
On command prompt,
mysql -u prenda -p prenda < prenda.sql
Go to bin folder of Tomcat
cd /path/to/tomcat/binon linux,
Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/prenda (adjust port on Tomcat's server.xml)
v0.1.2 BETA and older: admin/123
v0.1.3 BETA and newer: owner/123
v0.1.4 BETA and newer has a Self-Registration feature. Valid email needed to activate.
March 3, 2018
Converted to Maven
January 27, 2013
Fixed prenda.sql to add required initial values.
October 20, 2008
Various bug fixes.
October 2, 2008
Made mandatory for admin and owner to select pulled-out items for auction.
Bug fixes on owner views.
October 1, 2008
Updated jasperreports to latest version.
Bug fixes on disbursement.
July 10, 2007
Added yearly and monthly in redeem view.
May 5, 2007
Added yearly and monthly in pawn view.
May 4, 2007
Fixed a bug which when adding or updating a user with owner level, the owner of the branch becomes off sync.
May 3, 2007
Added option to use previously used date for loan date other than current date (default).
May 2, 2007
Added advance interest on pawn table
Added name columns on users table
Added loan date in users table
Fixed pawn edit bug
April 27, 2007
Created roll over images for navigation menu
March 22, 2007
Modified logo to blend with background
February 21, 2007
Completed Branch Service
Added Page Service
Applied Page and Branch services to JSP pages
February 19, 2007
Added Cash Disbursements Report
Added Account Service
February 18, 2007
Added PT number option in redeem
Added Branch PID and PT number in pawn
Added breakdown of redeem in cash position
February 15, 2007
Added overriding of loan date
Added support for specifying pawn ticket start number
Added logging facility
Added new graphs
Added new PDF for printing
Added RSS support
Collated classes to packages
Used JavaBeans for separation of presentation from logic
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3
- SaaS features. Free-tier is 1 branch/owner/manager/encoder.
- Liaison role to be able to adjust encoder role's dates.
- Adjustable redeem dates.
- Adjustable auction appraised amount margin, markup (10%), maturity (30 days), expiry (120 days), edit minute (15).
- Admin should have delete and unarchive functionality.
- Eliminate all sql:query and convert to JavaBeans.