MavensMate for VS Code
MavensMate plugin for the Visual Studio Code editor that aims to replicate the functionality of the Eclipse-based Salesforce IDE. Its goal is to allow developers to work inside Sublime Text for all their Salesforce-related tasks.
- Create & Edit Salesforce.com projects with specific package metadata
- Create & compile Apex Classes, Apex Trigger, Visualforce Pages, Visualforce Components
- Create & Edit Lightning Components (v7 only)
- Retrieve & compile other types of Salesforce.com metadata
- Run Apex test methods and visualize test successes/failures & coverage
- Deploy metadata to other Salesforce.com orgs
- Apex Execute Anonymous
- Stream Apex Logs to your local filesystem
- Apex & Visualforce Code Assist
All issues are managed by the central MavensMate project
- VS Code https://code.visualstudio.com/
- OSX: Add VS Code to Path (Run
Shell Command : Install code in PATHfrom command palette)
- MavensMate Desktop Beta.6 (must be running in order for MavensMate for VS Code to function) https://github.com/joeferraro/MavensMate-Desktop/releases/tag/v0.0.11-beta.6
- Open VS Code
Extensions: Install Extensioncommand
- Search for
###Important Settings (Configured in MavensMate Desktop)
You may set
mm_workspace to a single path on your local filesystem or an array of paths.
######Array of workspaces
"mm_workspace" : [ "/Users/darylshaber/Desktop/my-cool-folder", "/Users/darylshaber/Workspaces/my-mavensmate-workspace" ],
"mm_workspace" : "/Users/darylshaber/Desktop/my-cool-folder",
Windows users: You must use escaped backslashes to set your workspaces:
"mm_workspace" : [ "\\Users\\darylshaber\\Desktop\\my-cool-folder", "\\Users\\darylshaber\\Workspaces\\my-mavensmate-workspace" ],
- Open the extension project in VS Code
- Open a Terminal with
- Develop! VS Code Extensibility Reference
The point of entry for the code is src/extension.ts where the extension is registered.
Is the main directory of code for this project.
Code specifically relevant to the MavensMate app. Should avoid referencing vscode.
Provides an interface to vscode, encapsulating some concepts relevant to mavensmate.
Encapsulates code relevant to the workspace where projects are contained and the file system.