3DShell (3D-Shell) - is a multi-purpose file manager for the Nintendo 3DS that aims towards handling media files. Unlike FBI which specializes more in title management, 3DShell leans towards more of the file management features such as opening and managing various files types and includes the basic necessity of a standard file manager. This program's design elements are clearly inspired by CyanogenMod/LineageOS's built in file manager, and so all credits towards the design go to the CyanogenMod/LineageOS contributors.
- Storage bar (at the very top, just beneath the current working directory).
- Precise battery percentage using mcu::hwc.
- Creating new folders and files.
- Renaming files/folders.
- File/folder deletion.
- Copy/Move files and folders.
- Multi-select items for delete/cut/copy (using Y button).
FTP server (Press select or tap the ftp icon to toggle).
- Image preview (If the image is around 400 * 480 which is the size of both screens, the image will be split in half and displayed. Support for the following image formats -> BMP, GIF - non animated, JPG, PCX, PNG, PGM, PPM and TGA)
- Extract various archives such as ZIP, RAR, and 7Z.
- Searching for directories (allows you to quickly visit a directory by clicking the search icon on the top right (bottom screen).)
- File properties - lets you view info on current file/folder, such as size, modified time, parent folder etc.
- Browsing CTRNAND and copying data to/from CTRNAND.
- Dir list sorting (alphabetical - ascending, alphabetical - descending, size - largest to smallest, and size - smallest to largest).
- Online updater
Building from source:
Install the following dependecies from devkitPro's pacman:
sudo dkp-pacman -Syu 3ds-dev --noconfirm --needed
sudo dkp-pacman -Syu 3ds-curl --noconfirm --force
sudo dkp-pacman -Syu 3ds-libarchive 3ds-jansson 3ds-libjpeg-turbo 3ds-libpng --noconfirm
- Clone the 3DShell repository:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/joel16/3DShell.git
- Open the project diretory:
- Build the binary using make:
- deltabeard/MaK11-12 for the inital ctrmus code port which was used in previous versions.
- mtheall for ftpd.
- preetisketch for the banner.
- FrozenFire for the boot logo.