SMART criteria for goals, objectives, plans, etc.:
- Specific: target an area clearly and precisely.
- Measurable: can be quantified and have an indicator of progress.
- Achievable: able to be accomplished, and people know how to take action toward success.
- Relevant: connected to what else is being done or considered.
- Timely: occurring at a favorable or useful time and opportune.
Wikipedia: SMART critera
Target an area clearly and precisely.
- Strategic: relating to the identification of long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them.
Can be quantified and have an indicator of progress.
- Motivating: stimulate interest in, or enthusiasm for, doing something.
Able to be accomplished, and people know how to take action toward success.
- Actionable: able to be done or acted on; having practical value.
- Agreed: discussed or negotiated and then accepted by all parties.
- Attainable: able to be attained; achievable.
- Action-oriented: willing or likely to take practical action to deal with a problem or situation.
- Ambitious: intended to satisfy high aspirations and therefore difficult to achieve.
- Aligned: coming together in agreement or alliance.
Connected to what else is being done or considered.
- Realistic: having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.
- Resourced: provided with materials, money, staff, and other assets necessary for effective operation.
- Reasonable: sensible, appropriate, and fair.
- Results-based: focused on valuable outcomes.
Occurring at a favorable or useful time and opportune.
- Trackable: can be tracked, or monitored, or analyzed.
- Time-based, time-bound, time-boxed, time-limited: for a specified amount time.
- Time-sensitive: has to be done by a particular time, or in a particular period.
- Timeframe: a period of time, especially a specified period in which something occurs or is planned to take place.
- Testable: able to be tested or tried.