Dillinger is a cloud-enabled, mobile-ready, offline-storage, AngularJS powered HTML5 Markdown editor.
- Type some Markdown on the left
- See HTML in the right
The overriding design goal for Markdown's formatting syntax is to make it as readable as possible. The idea is that a Markdown-formatted document should be publishable as-is, as plain text, without looking like it's been marked up with tags or formatting instructions.
This text you see here is actually written in Markdown! To get a feel for Markdown's syntax, type some text into the left window and watch the results in the right.
Dillinger uses a number of open source projects to work properly:
- AngularJS - HTML enhanced for web apps!
- Ace Editor - awesome web-based text editor
- Twitter Bootstrap - great UI boilerplate for modern web apps
- node.js - evented I/O for the backend
- Express - fast node.js network app framework @tjholowaychuk
- Gulp - the streaming build system
- keymaster.js - awesome keyboard handler lib by @thomasfuchs
- jQuery - duh
And of course Dillinger itself is open source with a public repository on GitHub.
You need Gulp installed globally:
$ npm i -g gulp
$ git clone [git-repo-url] dillinger $ cd dillinger $ npm i -d $ gulp build --prod $ NODE_ENV=production node app
Dillinger is currently extended with the following plugins
- Google Drive
Readmes, how to use them in your own application can be found here:
Want to contribute? Great!
Dillinger uses Gulp + Webpack for fast developing. Make a change in your file and instantanously see your updates!
Open your favorite Terminal and run these commands.
$ node app
$ gulp watch
$ karma start
Docker, N|Solid and NGINX
More details coming soon.
Change the path for the nginx conf mounting path to your full path, not mine!
- Write Tests
- Rethink Github Save
- Add Code Comments
- Add Night Mode
Free Software, Hell Yeah!