Hi, I'm Joep Meindertsma!
- I'm working on a specification + implementation for modeling and exchanging data called Atomic Data. The main implementation is AtomicServer: an open source, powerful, fast, lightweight CMS with features similar to Notion. Check it out at atomicdata.dev! I'm also maintaining a bunch of libraries and tools for Atomic: js / npm library, React, Svelte, a CLI and a Rust crate.
- I'm the CEO of Ontola.io, a software development firm from the Netherlands that aims to give people more control over their data. I write things about the linked data web on our blog.
- I founded PauseAI and actively lobby for slowing down AI development. I'm maintaining the website, social media channels and work with a commmunity of volunteers.
- I co-founded the open source e-democracy platform Argu, which aimed to get people involved in decision making. We helped governments reach their citizens by providing an easy to use environment where people can share their ideas, discuss, vote on issues and make decisions together. The Argu source code is on gitlab, but is no longer maintained. We've created OpenBesluitvorming.nl (Dutch), a search engine for governmental meeting documents. Over 220 Dutch governments (municipalities, provinces) have joined so far.
Things I'm interested in
- Interoperability, standardizing data exchange, and tech that gives people more data ownership (like Atomic Data and Solid)
- AI & AI safety
- Rust, WASM, plug-in systems
- Front-end development (React, Sveltekit)
- CMS development (working on Atomic-Server)
- E-democracy, using online tools to help groups of people make better decisions
- Music production, synthesizers, 3d modelling
Get in touch
Send me an email: joep [at] ontola.io