Hi, I'm Joep Meindertsma!
- I co-founded Ontola.io, a tech start-up from the Netherlands that focuses on Linked Data and decentralizing the web. I write things about the linked data web on our blog.
- Ontola built an e-democracy platform called Argu, which aims to get people involved in decision making. We help governments reach their citizens by providing an easy to use environment where people can share their ideas, discuss, vote on issues and make decisions together.
- Together with various organisations, we've created OpenBesluitvorming.nl (Dutch), a search engine for governmental meeting documents. Over 180+ Dutch governments (municipalities, provinces) have joined so far. It extracts meeting data from various sources, standardizes it makes it available as linked open data. Although we have some cool apps who are using the data, we're primarily interested in using the data in Argu, so we can create the missing link between online citizen engagement and formal decision making.
- Ontola is working on Solid, which is a standard for decentralizing the web using linked data. We're developing a (soon to be open source) Solid Pod!
- I'm CTO of Dexes, a collaboration between three organizations to build an open data marketplace - powered by linked data and Solid.
- In my spare time, I'm working on a specification for modeling and exchanging data called Atomic Data. I'm also working on an initial Atomic Data Server, CLI and Library implementation written in Rust. Check out the demo at atomicdata.dev!
Articles I wrote
- Check out the Ontola.io Blog for lots of articles on linked data
Things I'm interested in
- Everything linked data or e-democracy (and even better - the combination of both!)
- Tech aiming to bring control of data back to the people
- Standardization of data exchange (things like ipfs)
Get in touch
Send me an email: joep [at] ontola.io