Hi, I'm Joep Meindertsma!
- I'm working on a specification + implementation for modeling and exchanging data called Atomic Data. There's a Rust implementation (cli, server, library) and a Typescript implementation (react browser app + library). Check it out at atomicdata.dev!
- I'm the CEO of an e-democracy platform called Argu, which aims to get people involved in decision making. We help governments reach their citizens by providing an easy to use environment where people can share their ideas, discuss, vote on issues and make decisions together. We've created OpenBesluitvorming.nl (Dutch), a search engine for governmental meeting documents. Over 220 Dutch governments (municipalities, provinces) have joined so far.
- I co-founded Ontola.io, a tech start-up from the Netherlands that focuses on Linked Data and decentralizing the web. I write things about the linked data web on our blog.
- I'm CTO of Dexes, a collaboration between three organizations to build an open data marketplace - powered by linked data and Solid.
Articles I wrote
- Check out the Ontola.io Blog for lots of articles on linked data
Things I'm interested in
- Interoperability, standardizing data exchange
- Tech aiming to bring control of data back to the people (like Atomic Data and Solid)
- E-democracy, using online tools to help organization make better decisions
- Music production, synthesizers, 3d modelling
Get in touch
Send me an email: joep [at] ontola.io