Hi, I'm Joep Meindertsma!
- I'm working on a specification + implementation for modeling and exchanging data called Atomic Data. There's a Rust implementation (cli, server, library) and a Typescript implementation (react browser app + library). Check it out at atomicdata.dev!
- I'm the CEO of Ontola.io, a software development firm from the Netherlands that focuses on Linked Data and giving people control over their data. I write things about the linked data web on our blog.
- I co-founded the open source e-democracy platform Argu, which aims to get people involved in decision making. We help governments reach their citizens by providing an easy to use environment where people can share their ideas, discuss, vote on issues and make decisions together. We've created OpenBesluitvorming.nl (Dutch), a search engine for governmental meeting documents. Over 220 Dutch governments (municipalities, provinces) have joined so far. The source code is on gitlab.
Things I'm interested in
- Interoperability, standardizing data exchange
- Tech aiming to bring control of data back to the people (like Atomic Data and Solid)
- E-democracy, using online tools to help groups of people make better decisions
- Music production, synthesizers, 3d modelling
- Rust, WASM, plug-in systems
Get in touch
Send me an email: joep [at] ontola.io