JWM (Joe's Window Manager)
JWM is a light-weight window manager for the X11 Window System.
To build JWM you will need a C compiler (gcc works), X11, and the "development headers" for X11 and Xlib. If available and not disabled at compile time, JWM will also use the following libraries:
- cairo and librsvg2 for SVG icons and backgrounds.
- fribidi for bi-directional text support.
- libjpeg for JPEG icons and backgrounds.
- libpng for PNG icons and backgrounds.
- libXext for the shape extension.
- libXrender for the render extension.
- libXmu for rounded corners.
- libXft for anti-aliased and true type fonts.
- libXinerama for multiple head support.
- libXpm for XPM icons and backgrounds.
- For building from the git repository, run "automake -a" followed by autoreconf to generate configure.
- Run "./configure --help" for configuration options.
- Run "./configure [options]"
- Run "make" to build JWM.
- Run "make install" to install JWM. Depending on where you are installing JWM, you may need to perform this step as root ("sudo make install").
See LICENSE for license information.
For more information see http://joewing.net/projects/jwm/