This is a installation helper app that complements the paperless cli https://github.com/joeworkman/paperless.
This installer will take care of all magic that needs to be done from the terminal so that you don't have to. There are a few steps that you need to follow though…
Paperless User Group
Join the Paperless User Group on Glassboard https://app.glassboard.com/web/invitation/code/akkmo.
In order to get the Paperless environment properly setup on your machine, you will need to install the Xcode command line tools. That may sound scary but its pretty simple to do. Once you have done that, you can proceed with the installation of Paperless.
Check out the video tutorial for this installation https://vimeo.com/62900408
Installing Xcode Command Line Tools
- Install Xcode from the Mac App Store
- Launch Xcode
- Xcode will require you to install "Device Support"
- Open Xcode Preferences & go to the Downloads tab
- Click the install button next to "Command Line Tools"
- Quit Xcode after the installation is complete.
- Download the
Paperless Install.appusing the download button above.
- Launch the installer app.
- Click OK to install.
- Wait a looonnnnngggg time. Go get some coffee…
- Once the confirmation window appears, you are ready to rock 'n roll!
You can use the
Paperless Install.app to also update to the latest versions as they are released. There are no auto updates so you will have to keep your eyes open for announcements.
To run an update, simply follow the same procedure as we did to install Paperless. However, this time, it should complete relatively quickly.