Make a local copy of Google Docs via the command line.
This program makes it easy to download your Google Docs for backup, e.g. via a cron job.
gem install gdata-backup
This gem uses the imap-backup gem's command line inetrface to configure the GMail accounts that you want to back up. imap-backup is installed when you run bundle (above).
$ imap-backup setup
See the imap-backup README for fuller instructions.
gdata-backup EMAIL DIRECTORY
There are various other applications available which download Google Docs:
- You can download a zipped bundle from the Google Docs web interface,
- There are some Open Source,
- There are various commercial products.
- http://gs.fhtino.it/gdocbackup - .net/mono
- http://1st-soft.net/gdd/ - greasemonkey