Attempt at graphing the relationships between assorted OpenStack services
Generating graphs requires GraphViz to be installed.
- REQUIRES (black)
- x REQUIRES y. X cannot be used without y
- x talks to y, so service y must be available to x. User doesn't need access to x to use y.
- CAN-USE (grey)
- x CAN-USE y. x can be used with our without y. User doesn't need access to x to use y.
- THROUGH (label)
- x REQUIRES y THROUGH z. Library z is used by x to communicate to y
- DEPENDS-ON (red)
- x DEPEND-ON y. x depends on y to set things up and consume the resources x produces.
- Example: cinder requires nova. Otherwise a user cannot attach a volume to an instance
- x depends on y being available to the consumers of x. A user cannot use x if they cannot access y.