App+ is a Chrome browser extension that augments alpha.app.net by adding image thumbnails and a quote button to posts.
Installation & Usage
- Download the extension using the ZIP link above and unpack it.
- In Chrome, visit chrome://extensions and check "Development mode".
- Click on "Load unpacked extension..." and select the folder where you unpacked the extension.
- You're done.
Now whenever you visit alpha.app.net you will see image thumbnails on posts containing photo links, and a quote button next to "Reply".
Supported image services are:
- tumblr (limited)
If there are multiple image links per post, it will hide all but the first. The rest will be revealed when you hover the mouse pointer over the thumbnail.
- Make some icons and package it up and post it to the Chrome Web Store.
- Add image post support (very simple "post last photo from service X" button).
- Doesn't handle flickr photo sets.
- Tumblr support is limited to "http://*.tumblr.com/image/*" urls. (Won't handle "http://*.tumblr.com/post/*").
- Behaviour when there are lots of images is uncertain.
- Handling of page updates may be sub-optimal.
If you have any feedback or request, you can contact me on alpha.app.net: @johncarney.
This is really just an exercise for me, but if you feel like contributing, feel free to fork and submit a pull request.