This project is based on the JXMapViewer component of SwingX-WS.
The project was hosted at SwingLabs.org, but has been discontinued. We extracted the JXMapViewer part from the latest SwingX-WS version available and continue developing it.
The JXMapViewer Tutorial by Joshua Marinacci gives a good overview over the functionality of the component.
This source code used in this project is based on:
- SwingX-ws-2009_06_14.jar http://java.net/projects/swingx
- SwingX 1.6.3 (released Feb 2012) http://java.net/projects/swingx-ws
The content of this project are also available at Maven Central and can be referenced in your pom.xml:
<dependency> <groupId>org.jdesktop.swingx</groupId> <artifactId>jxmapviewer2</artifactId> <version>1.3.1</version> </dependency>
What we have done so far ..
- Extract the JXMapViewer part from the full package
- Upgrade to Java 6
- Fixed javadoc
- Removed broken TileProviders
- Remove dependencies to SwingX (and its indirect dependencies)
- Fixed tile caching so that only tiles are cached, not everything
- Extract user interaction from the viewer
- Make CompoundPainter use Lists instead of Arrays
- Find out what the "Java One" hack is and replace it with proper implementation
- Improved zooming in - images of coarser resolution are used until new images are loaded
- Fixed thread leak when setting new TileFactory
- Supports OSGi bundles (contains MANIFEST.MF)
- Supports Maven dependency management
What we plan to do ..
- Fix bugs that were posted on http://java.net/jira/browse/SWINGX_WS ( mostly complete )
This project has been licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)