A curated list of works in the public domain.
Works in the public domain have no copyright restrictions. This can be the result of intellectual property rights expiring or being forfeited. In the case of the latter, authors have used the term uncopyright to describe their act of relinquishing copyright.
- #NEWPALMYRA - Reconstruction of the ancient Palmyra city in virtual space.
- David Reed Smith - Making tatting shuttles and drop spindles, and occasionally writing articles for fun.
- DesignerCandies - High quality graphic design resources for use in design projects.
- Every Shirt Is Political - Shirts that are ethically made, hand-printed, and pay what you can priced.
- Gwenn Seemel - French-American artist, painter, portraitist.
- Michael Beil - Supporting the web. Developing. Playing music.
- Samuel Killermann - Multi-disciplinary artist who puts his gifts to work to achieve global justice.
- Placing Documents into the Public Domain - Legal details of this process.
- Opposition to Copyright - Wikipedia article discussing opposition to copyright.
- Using CC0 for Public Domain Software - Drawbacks of using CC0 to license computer programs.
- ARIHERZOG - Posts on digital and political topics, as well as minimalism.
- Awesci - Entertaining articles mixed with scientific information.
- Billy Shih - Blog of a web developer at Full Circle.
- Brian Gardner - Entrepreneur that helps people build their digital businesses.
- Eclipsophile - All about solar eclipses.
- Emanuele Faja - Answering the question "How to live?" through essays on philosophy and life.
- ExpandBeyondYourself - How to transform your life via personal growth and progress.
- FibroHaven - Creating a community of compassion, understanding, and healing for those with chronic illness.
- Go Beyond - Blog without a tagline.
- gr0wing.com - Personal and global change.
- Healthy Enough - Helping you become as fit and healthy as possible.
- HoboDrifter - Posts from a former world traveler.
- How To Be Kind - Kind words for a kinder world.
- Ian Channing - English coder living in the Belgian countryside.
- Jay Tarlecki - Personal website of Jay Tarlecki.
- Melissa Miko - American writer, thinker, and entrepreneur.
- mnmlist - Less is the answer.
- Puro compás - Tango music and dancing.
- Referee Mindset - Helping referees develop skills to be the best they can be.
- Ryan Boren - Lead developer of WordPress at Automattic.
- Serendipity Journal - Journal of experiences with growth and faith from a Christian perspective.
- Simple Tech Tutorials - Computer tutorials with a focus on simplicity.
- Steve Pavlina - How we can deliberately invite, process, and integrate new experiences.
- Zen Habits - Finding simplicity and mindfulness in the daily chaos of our lives.
- Cost of Freedom - On the dream for a free culture.
- LibriVox - Audiobooks read by volunteers.
- Project Gutenberg - Thousands of ebooks whose copyright has expired in a variety of formats.
- Standard Ebooks - Hundreds of classics, beautifully formatted and typeset.
- Abandoning Copyright: A Blessing for Artists, Art, and Society - Discussion of how concentration of power is undesirable in every industry but particularly detrimental in the cultural field.
- Who's Afraid of the Public Domain? - Breaking down five common assumptions about creative individuals.
- CopyrightFreePhotos.com - Galleries of photos, each with their own theme.
- LibreStock - Search all public domain stock photo websites at once.
- Openclipart - High quality, easy to use clip art.
- Pixabay - Stock images and videos.
- Public Icons - Collection of free icons.
- StockSnap - Stock photography without any copyright restrictions.
- Unsplash - Free (do whatever you want) high-resolution photos.
- CC0 1.0 Universal - Full text and explanation of CC0 at Choose a License.
- Unlicense - Template for disclaiming copyright monopoly interest in software you have written.
- IndieWeb - People-focused alternative to the "corporate web", movement that provides advocacy and education to domain owners.
- QuestionCopyright.org - Nonprofit organization that provides advocacy and education to help cultural producers embrace open distribution.
- Creative Commons - Organization devoted to expanding the range of creative works available for others to build upon legally and to share.
- Open Knowledge International - Organization whose mission is for everyone to have access to key information and the ability to use it freely.
- Anti-Copyright - Describes how intellectual property is not the same as material property.
- Anti-Copyright Resources - Large list of essays against copyright.
- Creative Commons CC0 - About the CC0 public domain dedication.
- Kopimi - Symbol showing that you want a work to be copied.
- Lively Days - Vegan recipes.
- The Safe Zone Project - Online resource for creating powerful, effective LGBTQ awareness and ally training workshops.
- Uncopyright: All Rights Released - Hub for the uncopyright movement, with lists of works, questions, answers, and other information.
- Kakoune - Text editor inspired by Vim that features multiple selections, a client-server window architecture, and primitives for text manipulation.
- Luapower - Deploying and sharing Lua modules with a unique philosophy.
- Nano - Small PHP 5+ boilerplate framework.
- Public Domain Software - Collection of public domain source code, mostly in C and focused on hardware interaction.
- SQLite - Embedded SQL database engine.
- web.py - Simple yet powerful web framework.
- youtube-dl - Command line program to download videos from YouTube and other video sites.
- Laws That Choke Creativity - Lawrence Lessig presents an argument for reviving our creative culture.