If you appreciate the work put into this free package, please vote in support of it on Dynamo's package manager.
If you feel so inclined, here is a method to donate to this open source project
Rhythm is currently built against the latest Dynamo stable build. At this time that is 2.0.3.
Rhythm consists of several sub-libraries. These are describe a bit more in detail below.
- Rhythm Core, General methods and helpers with no reliance on Revit.
- Rhythm Revit, All the Revit nodes that work from 2018-2021
- Rhythm Revit 2021, Revit 2021 Specific Nodes.
- Rhythm UI, Revit UI Nodes.
- Rhythm View Extension, this view extension allows for the auto-annotating of Rhythm nodes and control of the run mode when the user places
- Nodes that interact with background opened documents take some more consideration. This includes running Dynamo graphs that use them in manual run mode and often times closing and opening dynamo after the process is complete. The reason this happens is Dynamo has limited document switching capability and we are exploiting this with those nodes. (Included Nodes: Applications.OpenDocumentFile, Applications.CloseDocument)
Examples will be available on the wiki soon,
Help improve Rhythm
If you're interested in contributing to Rhythm, just submit a pull request.
Rhythm is available through Dynamo's built-in package manager. This provides the simplest installation for most users. If you are interested in manual install, there are some fabulous resources out there describing how to build your own Dynamo package.
What is with all the removals of DYFs?!!
With Dynamo 2.0 comes a fundamental file format change that makes anything that is a DYF or DYN (the filetypes that Dynamo uses) not backward compatible. This forced me to choose between two options. Option 1: Have 2 versions of Rhythm for each major version of Dynamo, eg. “Rhythm for Dynamo 1.x” and “Rhythm for Dynamo 2.x”. Option2: Continue my long term goals of migrating Rhythm to be fully “Zero Touch” c# code. I went with option 2 as it provides a more stable product and further compatibility.