Simple Custom CSS Plugin
An easy-to-use WordPress Plugin to add custom CSS styles that override Plugin and Theme default styles. This plugin is designed to meet the needs of administrators who would like to add their own CSS to their WordPress website. Styles created with this plugin will render even if the theme is changed.
New in Version 4.0
- Customizer Control (finally!)
- Tested for WP version 4.9.4
- Code linting (error checking) on the settings page
- Customizer Control
- Useful Code Syntax Highlighter
- No configuration needed
- Simple interface built on WordPress UI
- Virtually no impact on site performance
- No complicated database queries
- Thorough documentation
- Allows Administrator access on Multisite
Install Simple Custom CSS just as you would any other WP Plugin:
Download Simple Custom CSS from WordPress.org.
Unzip the .zip file.
Upload the Plugin folder (simple-custom-css/) to the wp-content/plugins folder.
Go to Plugins Admin Panel and find the newly uploaded Plugin, "Simple Custom CSS" in the list.
Click "Activate Plugin."
Navigate to Appearance > Custom CSS in the Admin Menu.
Enter in valid CSS styles
Click "Update Custom CSS"
View your changes in the Front End of your website
- Fixed bug with broken editor styles on older versions of WP.
- New Customizer Control (still compatible with older WP versions)
- Added colors and linting to the Settings Page
- Updated hooks to replace hyphens with underscores
- Tested for WPCS compliance
- Tested for compatibility with WP version 4.9.4
- Added support for https://
- Added base support for Danish language. Thanks @ThomasDK81!
- Tested for compatibility with WP version 4.4.1
- Tested for compatibility with WP 4.1
- Improved architecture to reduce the number of queries. Thanks @dannyvankooten!
- Tested for compatibility with WP 3.9.1
- Sidebar "Update CSS" button added
- Added Sytnax Highlighter
- Removed Need for "Allow Quotation Marks" checkbox
- Removed plugin attribution text
- Minor styling changes. Thanks @kucrut!
- Fixed issue with WP installs in subdirectories. Thanks @lopo!
- Tested for compatibility with WP 3.8.1
- Added option to allow Double Quotes in CSS
- Tested for compatibility with WP 3.8
- Tested for compatibility with WP 3.7.1
- Code update to conform fully with WP coding standards.
- Give Admins (not just Super Admins) access to the plugin
- Correcting Credit error
- Minor Bugfixes
- Allowing the ">" direct child selector.
- Removed unneeded hidden input
- Added Action Hooks
- Added cleanup on deletion
- Added author attribution option
- Added a more elegant method for adding CSS to the page:
Instead of using print_scripts to insert the CSS directly into the HEAD, CSS styles are generated within simple-custom-css.php (the sole file for this plugin), then added via wp_enqueue_scripts, so now it will appear in the HEAD as:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://yoursite.com/?sccss=1" />
...even though no css file is actually generated.
- Initial Release