I'm a professional software developer, writer, presenter, father, husband, and Geek. For the last 15 years (or so), I focused on enterprise mobility and building mobile apps. My work is in 8 books, plus a lot of magazine articles and blog posts. I wrote seven books outright, and the other is an anthology of magazine articles I (and others) wrote for a particular publication. All but one of my books are on web and mobile software development. My latest publication is Learning Progressive Web Apps.
I'm happiest when writing code.
This is my personal GitHub account, anything I say or do here is my own, personal work.
I'm currently a Principal Product Manager at Oracle.
I love tinkering with IoT, building and writing about projects for Arduino, Particle Photon, Raspberry Pi, and more.
What you'll find here is the following:
- Source code for each of my technology books.
- Source code supporting many of my blog posts or published articles.
- Projects for Arduino (including its variants like Adafruit Feather, ESP32, M5Stack, Particle Photon, etc.), Raspberry Pi, Tessell 2, and whatever else I can get my hands on.
- Follow-along source code for my public presentations.
- Source code for the
npmmodules I published.
- Source code for some little Delphi utilities I created.
- Email me at first at firstlast dot com, I usually check email in the morning and after work; don't be in a hurry, I'm not - I'll get back to you when I can.
- I publish a lot of stuff on my personal blog at johnwargo.com, there's a contact form there
- If you have questions about any of the repos here, use Issues in the repo to ask your questions; I respond to all issues.
- My day job, of course, whatever that is.
- Learning as much as I can about Flutter.
- Writing articles for Random Dev Errors.
- Building and selling mobile apps through my little/side software company Fumbly Diddle Software.
- Creating commercial hardware products for hobbyists at my little/side hardware company Fumbly Stuff.