Brendan Eich's Kind Intro
The slides for this tutorial are available on Slideshare, currently only in Swedish.
The whole project is setup with Maven and is run on Jetty via the Jetty Maven plugin. The Java backend is built with Jersey JAX-RS and Spring DI.
Setup and Run
- Make sure you have Maven installed. Try running 'mvn -version' in your shell to see if you've got it.
- Download or fork the code, go to the source folder (where pom.xml can be found) and run 'mvn install'. Maven will now download the the interwebz for you :).
- In the same folder, run 'mvn jetty:run'.
- When you want to stop the server you run 'mvn jetty:stop'.
- Make sure you have Rhino (js.jar) downloaded. In my example I have it in /Applications/Utilities/rhino/ on my Mac.
- Make sure you have Google's Closure Compiler (compiler.jar) downloaded. In my example I have it in /Applications/Utilities/Closure_Compiler/ on my Mac.
- In your shell, go to path_to_the_tutorial_code_on_your_machine/src/main/webapp/js/
- Check the corresponing source in path_to_the_tutorial_code_on_your_machine/src/main/webapp/test/JW/
Ping me on Twitter – @johnwilander – if you have questions or problems setting it up.