Webgrind is a Xdebug profiling web frontend in PHP5. It implements a subset of the features of kcachegrind and installs in seconds and works on all platforms. For quick'n'dirty optimizations it does the job. Here's a screenshot showing the output from profiling:
It is possible that a larger number of kcachegrind features will be implemented in the future, bringing webgrind closer to completing one of the suggested PHP Google Summer of Code 2008. At this point nothing has been planned, though.
- Super simple, cross platform installation - obviously :)
- Track time spent in functions by self cost or inclusive cost. Inclusive cost is time inside function + calls to other functions.
- See if time is spent in internal or user functions.
- See where any function was called from and which functions it calls.
- Generate a call graph using gprof2dot.py
Suggestions for improvements and new features are more than welcome - this is just a start.
Mailing list is available through the webgrind google group.
- Download webgrind
- Unzip package to favourite path accessible by webserver.
- Load webgrind in browser and start profiling
See the Installation page on Google Code for more