Webgrind is a Xdebug profiling web frontend in PHP. It implements a subset of the features of kcachegrind and installs in seconds and works on all platforms. For quick'n'dirty optimizations it does the job. Here's a screenshot showing the output from profiling:
- Super simple, cross platform installation - obviously :)
- Track time spent in functions by self cost or inclusive cost. Inclusive cost is time inside function + calls to other functions.
- See if time is spent in internal or user functions.
- See where any function was called from and which functions it calls.
- Generate a call graph using gprof2dot.py
Suggestions for improvements and new features are more than welcome - this is just a start.
- Download webgrind
- Unzip package to favourite path accessible by webserver.
- Load webgrind in browser and start profiling
Alternatively, on PHP 5.4+ run the application using the PHP built-in server
with the command
composer serve or
php -S 0.0.0.0:8080 index.php if you
are not using Composer.
For faster preprocessing under linux, give write access to the
make in the unzipped folder (requires GCC).
See the Installation Wiki page for more
Current maintainer is Micah Ng.