Awesome Web Audio Resources
A personal curated list of Web Audio related resources, tutorials, tools and more. Everything on this list has or is helping me on my way to learning Web Audio. Inspired by the awesome list thing.
The Web Audio API provides a powerful and versatile system for controlling audio on the Web, allowing developers to choose audio sources, add effects to audio, create audio visualizations, apply spatial effects (such as panning) and much more.
Articles & Posts
- A Tale of Two Clocks - Scheduling Web Audio with Precision - How to create precise metronome in the browser.
- Mozilla Web Audio API - The de facto online resource for the Web Audio API by Mozilla.
- W3C Web MIDI API - Official HTML5 compliant spec written and updated by the W3C.
- Web Audio Weekly - Weekly newsletter with topics surrounding anything related to audio creation on the web.
- How Generative Music Works - Great interactive presentation digging into experimental generative audio systems developed by Steve Reich, John Cage and Brian Eno and recreating them with the Web Audio API.
- Web Audio Modules - WAMs or Web Audio Modules are the equivalent of VST plugins for web browsers.
- Web Audio API: Advanced Sound for Games and Interactive Apps - Good beginner book and quick read of the basics with examples.
- Archive of NIME Publications - A great repository of publications from previous NIME (New Interfaces for Musical Expression) conferences.
- Fun With Web Audio - A beginner's course on how to build a little musical keyboard with real-time additive audio synthesis with audio visualization.
- Introduction to Web MIDI - A beginner tutorial on how to access and get MIDI data.
- Coming soon...
- Music for Tiny Airports - Celebrating the 40 years anniversary of Brian Eno’s “Ambient 1: Music for Airports” with an homage written in 256 bytes with the Web Audio API.
- WhiteVinyl - The audio/visual work of Luke Twyman aka Whitevinyl has very creative projects that utilize audio in the web quite a bit.
- Web Audio Demos - Various different examples of how to use the Web Audio API with some source code linked.
- Web Audio API - Samples - Nice small set of examples showcasing different examples of the Web Audio API (samples from the book).
See LICENSE for more information.