bjoern: Fast And Ultra Lightweight Asynchronous WSGI Server
sudo pip install bjoern
bjoern aims to be small, lightweight and very fast.
- less than 800 SLOC (Source Lines Of Code)
- memory footprint smaller than a megabyte
- no threads, coroutines or other crap
- apparently the fastest WSGI server out there
- 100% WSGI compliant (except for the write callback design mistake)
But what about...
Sucks. Really, the code is an incredible mess. It likes to segfault.
I tried to patch Fapws so that it would support threading, but after about two hours of brain slime feeling, I decided to write my own WSGI server -- "Fapws done right".
bjoern is about 5 times faster. Plus gunicorn is too much bloated.
Awesome project, but way too much bloat.
Unfortunately now bloated with gunicorn and coroutine/greenlet crap, seemed to be a very nice server at first.
Probably too much bloat, too slow, does not scale, buggy, ...