Java Code Coverage for NetBeans
- The JaCoCoverage Plugin is a NetBeans plugin that enhances the existing NetBeans functionality with new code coverage features.
- The plugin works as a transparent additional service that colors all java files according to the unit tests coverage information. With
code coverage enabled user continues to work with his/her project in the usual way but can easily view the test coverage of the project
The code coverage plugin will update the code coverage data and refresh editors markup every time a unit test (or any selected Ant target) is executed for the project. Currently the Java Application, Java Library, Java Web and Java EE (not tested with EAR and EJB projects but may work), Java Project with Existing Sources are supported. Maven support with JaCoCo is already integrated in NetBeans base installation, please check online how-to for details.
- Coverage collections are based on JaCoCo in order to support Java 5, 6, 7 and Java 8 bytecode. Take it as a modern alternative to the EMMA and Cobertura based plugins.
- JaCoCo is a free code coverage library for Java, which has been created by the EclEmma team.
Download stable builds
Stable builds are hosted on the NetBeans Plugin Portal website,
validated by the NetBeans Plugin Review staff (I am also a member of this team) and available in the NetBeans integrated Plugins Manager (see
Available Plugins and look for the
TikiOne JaCoCoverage plugin).
You can also check the GitHub releases page for manual installation of NBM files.
- Jonathan Lermitage (email@example.com)
- Graeme Ingleby - provided NetBeans Module support
MIT License. In other words, you can do what you want: this project is entirely OpenSource, Free and Gratis.