Provides a tray icon for the great unison file synchronizer.
- A tray icon with idle, syncing and conflict states.
- Drop down menu, allowing to sync in background or in foreground (Terminal app).
- Detects file system changes with local root (read from ~/.unison/default.prf) and automatically syncs (delayed).
- Syncs periodically, configurable in
syncer.cfg(default every 5 minutes).
- Syncs on application start.
- It just calls
unison -batch(background) or
unison -auto(foreground for conflict resolution). It does not configure unison in any other way.
- Mac OS X (Tested on 10.9 Mavericks and 10.8.4 Mountain Lion)
- python 2.7
- A working and configured unison installation, preferably installed with homebrew.
$ git clone https://github.com/jone/unison-tray.git $ cd unison-tray $ virtualenv . --setuptools $ source bin/activate $ pip install -r requirements.txt
pip install will install PyObjC, which may take awhile.
The path to unison is expected to be
/usr/local/bin/unison, change it in
syncer.cfg if you have installed unison in another path.
Be sure your unison configuration (
~/.unison/default.prf) is configured so
that it works with only executing
$ unison without root arguments.
You should create the initial copy before starting unison-tray, since unison asks questions.
Start the tray icon from within the
unison-tray directory with:
From the menubar icon, "Sync now" will sync in the background, whereas "Resolve conflicts" will sync in a Terminal window.
All errors and messages are logged to
var/utray.log in the unison-tray directory.
utray.app to your autostart apps in the Mac OS user configuration.
"THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" (Revision 42):
jone wrote this script. As long as you retain this notice you can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return.