TicTrainer and TicTimer Web
This project contains the files used to serve TicTrainer™ via node.js. TicTrainer™ is a web tool meant to help people build their ability to fight their tics. It was built to implement the RE-ERP strategy proposed by Kevin Black (see description here).
Also included now is TicTimer Web, which runs on the same server and is accessed at root/nt/. TicTimer is a program designed to automate record keeping and reward delivery during tic suppression research. This web-based version of TicTimer allows for sessions to be performed remotely and without the bulky token dispenser hardware that was used with the previous version of TicTimer. Additional information to be added here when published.
Starting the server
- Download the repository to the server
- $ git clone https://github.com/jonkb/TicTrainer-node.git
- alternatively, download and scp those files
- Alter settings if needed (root/settings.json)
- A clear description of each of the settings is in the file root/settings_description.txt
- The constant "testing" should be set as false for the server to use the normal ports (80 and 443). Otherwise, it will run on port 8888.
- Be sure to keep the proper formatting of the json file.
- Start the server
- node.js must be installed already.
- cd to the "/root" directory.
- path/to/Tt_repository/root$ sudo nohup node server.js &> ../"Project_Files"/log.txt
- "sudo" because it needs to be run as root to use ports 80 and 443
- "nohup" lets the server continue running after closing the ssh session
- "&>" pipes output to log.txt