A curated list of awesome DigitalOcean guides, blogs, and other resources.
DigitalOcean's tagline is it is a simple and robust cloud computing platform, designed for developers. With DigitalOcean you can easily spin up cloud compute and storage resources either indivdually or with a team.
Contributions welcome. Add links through pull requests or create an issue to start a discussion.
- Configuration management
- Developer documentation
- Open source projects
- Community OSS projects
- Video tutorials
- Using Ansible with DigitalOcean
- Ansible Cloud Modules - DigitalOcean
- Terraform - DigitalOcean Provider
- DigitalOcean in Action! - Example repo for using DigitalOcean with Terraform and Ansible.
- Spaces API
- Droplet Metadata
- Official DO Release Notes - Notes tracking incremental improvements and major releases for the DigitalOcean cloud platform.
Open source projects
- Open Source @ DigitalOcean
- Doctl - Official command-line interface for the DigitalOcean API.
Community OSS projects
- do-sshuttle - Transparent Proxying via sshuttle to DigitalOcean Droplet.
- drophosts - Update
/etc/hostswith peer droplets.
- droplan - Manage iptable rules for the private interface on DigitalOcean droplets.
- foreman-digitalocean - Plugin to enable management of DigitalOcean droplets in Foreman.
- lita-digitalocean - Lita handler for managing DigitalOcean services.
- hostpool - Worker pool manager for DigitalOcean hosts.
- DDNS - Personal DDNS client with DigitalOcean Networking DNS as backend.
- Less Confusing Menus - A Chrome extension that makes account menus less confusing.
- DigitalOcean Droplet creator - A dialog-based shell script to quickly create a single DigitalOcean Droplet.
- do-upgrade-plans - A script to upgrade your DigitalOcean Droplets to better plans with the same cost.
- doctl - Command-line tool for DigitalOcean services.
- digitalocean-indicator - Debian Gnome panel client.
- domanager - Linux and Windows System Tray Client.
- OceanBar - macOS menu bar client.
- Tugboat - Ruby command-line tool for DigitalOcean services, focusing on a more guided UX.
- Reddit community
- Engineering Code of Conduct
- User Scripts - User data scripts to help provision apps on a Droplet.
- Hacktoberfest - Month-long celebration of open source software in partnership with GitHub.
To the extent possible under law, Jon Leibowitz has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.