- Change location providers to allow updates. GeoClue and CoreLocation now provide continuous location updates.
- Allow time-based configuration i.e. setting the redness effect based on time of day instead of based on the elevation of the sun. See the man page for more information.
- Now looks for the configuration file in
$XDG_CONFIG_HOMEis set. The old location at
~/.config/redshift.confis deprecated but still searched as a fall back.
- Run hooks when enabling/disabling Redshift.
- Default temperatures changed to 6500K during daytime and 4500K during night.
randr, allow multiple but not all CRTCs to be redshifted.
- Removes deprecated original GeoClue location provider (use GeoClue 2 instead).
- The option for enabling the short fade between color effects is now called
transitionin the configuration file. The term transition caused a lot of confusion about what this option does (the old option still works but is deprecated).
preserveoption is enabled by default for
randr, Windows (
w32gdi) and macOS (
quartz). The option is now controlled by the
-Pcommand line option.
- Work around issue where Windows adjustments sometimes fail.
- Install AppArmor profile.
- quartz: Fix incorrect use of display identifier.
- Various bug fixes and updated translations.