Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Insight.Database.Schema is a simple schema management tool for .NET projects to use with SQL Server.
It uses the SQL Server Management Objects (SQL-SMO) to automatically detect changes in your database schema and apply the appropriate changes. Developers can write their SQL code in SQL, and use the engine to automatically deploy the changes. This works great in team environments where multiple people are editing the schema at the same time. You don't have to worry about diffs or upgrades. Insight.Database.Schema handles (most of) the changes automatically.
The NuGetProject is here!
BTW - Insight.Database.Schema works REALLY well with Insight.Database.
- Installing Insight
- Loading a SQL Schema
- Dealing with Scripted SQL
- Optimistic Concurrency
- Installing a Schema
- Logging the Results
- Upgrading a Schema
- Tricky Upgrades
- Design Goals
- Insight.Database.Schema v EF Code Migrations
- Insight Installer Command-line tool
- Code with Me: Episode 1: Solution Setup and Database Version Control (external site)
- Using Powershell and Insight.Database.Schema to Install Your Database (external site)
- Originally written against SQL Server 2005.
- Rewritten against SQL Server 2008.
- Currently developed against SQL Server 2012 and SQL Azure.
- Probably compatible with SQL Server 2014.
Pull requests for other support will be happily accepted.