Join GitHub today
Welcome to the gsoc16_improved-multi-lingual wiki!
The goal of my project is to improve a multi-lingual site's back-end, meaning that besides having several content (articles, menu items, categories, contacts, etc.) separated by default, one can associate content languages with those items side-by-side to avoid tedious replication tasks of going back and forth to apply changes.
Reviewed Project Timeline
week 1 (2016/07/03 - 2016/07/09):
- Fetch all components to filter list
- Implement filter list with links to the side-by-side
week 2 (2016/07/10 - 2016/07/16):
- Implement save on side by side (these weeks are the remaining tasks from first code period)
week 3 (2016/07/17 - 2016/07/23):
- Enforce com_languages + component ACL
- Implement server side validation (if not already done)
week 4 (2016/07/24 - 2016/07/30):
- Implement client side validation (if not already done)
- Implement block changing reference language (just view)
- Implement copy feature by auto-filling fields with reference data
- Implement change languages in the side by side
- Implement reference and target item checkout on click "Close" (added 21/07/2016)
- Implement item checkout on language change (added 21/07/2016)
week 5 (2016/07/31 - 2016/08/06):
- Create a new item (article, contact, etc.) by changing language or directly on list view
- Create a new section (category, etc.) by changing language or directly on list view
- 3º party flexibility review after side by side + list stuff
week 6 (2016/08/07 - 2016/08/13):
- Besides travis CS, needs to conform with all Joomla coding styles (XML, PHP, HTML, etc)
- Component code should use the API as much as possible
- Component code should reuse code as much as possible
- Component needs to work with all Joomla 3.x supported db versions (mysql, postgresql, sqlazure)
- Component needs to work with all Joomla 3.x supported php versions (5.3.10+)
- Component needs to work with new install AND upgrade process
- Implement "wiki" page with all 3º party requirements.
week 7 and last days (2016/08/14 - end):
- Implement "help" content.
- Language strings need to be alpha ordered in ini files.
- Graphical and usability review
- Final tests and corrections