What is this?
- This is the source of Joomla! 4.x.
- Joomla's Official website.
- Joomla! 4.0 version history.
- Detailed changes are in the changelog.
What is Joomla?
- Joomla! is a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications.
- It is a simple and powerful web server application which requires a server with PHP and either MySQL or PostgreSQL to run. You can find full technical requirements here.
- Joomla! is free and Open Source software distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
Looking for an installable package?
Joomla is not installable out of the box from this repository, please use:
- For the latest stable package: https://downloads.joomla.org
- For a nightly package: https://developer.joomla.org/nightly-builds.html
How to get a working installation from the source
For detailed instructions please visit https://docs.joomla.org/J4.x:Setting_Up_Your_Local_Environment
You will need:
- PHP - basically the same as you need for running a Joomla Site, but you need the cli (command line interface) Version (see https://docs.joomla.org/Configuring_a_LAMPP_server_for_PHP_development)
- Composer - for managing Joomla's PHP Dependencies. For help installing composer please read the documentation at https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md
- Git - for version management. Download from here https://git-scm.com/downloads (MacOS users can also use Brew and Linux users can use the built-in package manager, eg apt, yum, etc).
Steps to setup the local environment:
- Clone the repository:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:joomla/joomla-cms.git
- Go to the joomla-cms folder:
- Install all the needed composer packages:
- Install all the needed npm packages:
Do you want to improve Joomla?
- Where to request a feature?
- How do you report a bug on the Issue Tracker?
- Get Involved: Joomla! is community developed software. Join the community.
- Documentation for Developers.
- Documentation for Web designers.