This project aims to document and demonstrate several uses of puppet.
The main goal is to have a repository for me to publish any practical puppet
patterns I find useful. I also will put some more esoteric and experimental
tricks and hacks here. Lastly, I will try to put common “how to” answers that I
find asked in the #puppet IRC channel (on freenode).
What do we have?
- exported-expiration – an example of how to expire exported resources that
haven’t checked in recently.
- nodeless-puppet – a method for managing puppet nodes purely through facts and
properties. No ‘node’ definitions, no external node classifier, etc.
- unamanged-file-notify – FAQ: “How do I notify a service (or other resource)
when I manually update a config file?”
- stages-example – FAQ: “How do I use stages?” or “Stages aren’t working for me”
- manage-remote-hack: Manage remote servers with puppet – this hack tricks puppet into doing
package mangement over ssh, allowing you to manage remote servers that do not
have puppet (or ruby) installed.