- For help installing Galleruby, see the installation guide.
- To see how to run Galleruby, see the usage guide.
Galleruby is a simple Ruby script to automatically generate a static HTML gallery (series of different albums) for your local photo collection. It's written to publish my personal photos on Amazon S3. I just run this script then s3sync.rb the resulting output to my S3 bucket.
You can see an example setup of Galleruby running on Amazon S3 here:
It's not very configurable, and it makes some assumptions that might not be true for your picture setup. I'm aware of the following ones:
- All photos need the EXIF DateTime tag set.
- Files need to have jpg or jpeg as their extension (case insensitive).
- Your albums are sorted into directories in a common source directory, and albums do not have sub-directories.
If you remove any of these limitations, or find others, please let me know! :-)
As an example of the layout, this is what http://galleruby.devsoft.no has locally: ~/Pictures/Albums/ Hiking at Daley Ranch/ IMG_0832.JPG IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0864.JPG IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0890.JPG Joshua Tree Climbing/ IMG_4420.JPG IMG_4425.JPG IMG_4428.JPG IMG_4429.JPG IMG_4437.JPG IMG_4450.JPG IMG_4455.JPG IMG_4458.JPG IMG_4460.JPG IMG_4461.JPG IMG_4467.JPG
Galleruby isn't very user-friendly, but it gets the job done for me - and maybe it'll get the job done for you too! (or maybe some day grow into something more general, if I get some user feedback)