Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Code completion (using company-mode and rope or jedi): Emacs will suggest completions as you type and, after a short delay, pop up a select box with proposed completions, including docstrings for those completions when available.
- Indentation highlighting (using highlight-indentation): Highlight indentation levels in code so you can always see which code belongs where.
- Snippet Expansion (using yasnippet): Use powerful templates for quick code generation.
- Code hinting (using eldoc and rope or jedi): While you write, the minibuffer will show the call signature of the current function.
Code Navigation (using rope, jedi, python.el,
find-file-in-project, and idomenu)
Quickly jump to the definition of a function or class (
M-.) or get an overview of the definitions in the current file (
C-c C-o). You can also select any file in your project using ido’s completion (
Inline Documentation (using rope, jedi or pydoc):
Read documentation for an object at point with a quick key shortcut
Powerful code refactoring (using rope):
C-c C-rto bring up a context-sensitive refactoring dialog. Use powerful refactoring options on symbols, modules, or regions.
- On-the-fly checks (using flymake): Highlight errors in your code while you edit it.
Virtualenv support (using pyvenv):
Activate or switch between virtualenvs with a single keystroke (
- Test running Run all your tests, the tests for the current module or just the current unit with a single keystroke.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.