This is basically an app skeleton for CakePHP using RANDOM stuff. Seriously, it ends up nothing like the default bake templates.
I don’t know, as lots of stuff is still broken – like the Js stuff – but you do have to use this as the skeleton for your app. Be warned if stuff breaks your app randomly. Version control ftw!
Too many to list. I’m on a don’t ask, don’t tell policy.
- Me: what do you think?
- Patrick: looks good
- Patrick: I’m into it
- Me: it’s almost there, gotta get the edit views working (so that one could comment on something if it is meant to be commented on)
- Me: there are other things I want to add too
- Me: and once i get it to a beta, im going to make it a hosted app
- Patrick: where are you going to host it? going to charge for it?
- Patrick: I thought it was just going to be open soruce
- Me: yeah it will be open source
- Me: but some people wont want to run php on their rails machines ;)
- Patrick: right
- Me: also, i have db naming conventions
- Me: learning those wouldnt be tough but it doesnt need to occur
- Me: my application generator is almost done
- Me: i just released 0.1
- Me: by almost done i mean workable
- Me: 0.2 will enable commenting on records if the database table is setup correctly
- Patrick: sick
- Me: 0.3 will allow adding images and attachments to records
- Me: 0.4 will integrate some minimal Ajax effects
- Me: 0.5 will have an online webapp that produces a zip of exactly what you want to have in your app
- Me: 0.6 will enable application namespacing
- Me: so something like setting the Project model as the namespace means any model with a ‘project_id’ attribute will require the namespace on certain actions in order to correctly produce data
- Me: 0.7 will enable custom permission setting in-app, as opposed to editing a php file
- Me: 0.8 will be a caching revamp
- Patrick: tons of milestones
- Me: 0.9 will introduce niceties, like allowing users to have notifications set etc. on various records and record types (either a Job System or outright emailing would be allowed), and importing data from various providers into certain models (so like a model named “Image” might import from flickr or photobucket)
- Me: and the 1.0 will be polish
- Patrick: pretty good
- Patrick: yo dawg, can I use the app generator to generate an app generator?
- Me: 1.0 would probably include suggestions for various models or apps
- Me: so app templates (want to rebuild lighthouse? auto-import images from various providers? make an exception handling app like getexceptional?) would be included
- Me: It’ll probably take the entire summer
- Me: but I’m getting there and I have various plans for each stage
- Me: gonna start sprint planning sunday and work mon-friday on it
- Me: pretty excited for it
- Patrick: sounds pretty sick
- Me: you rails developers will be so jealous
- Patrick: eh
- Me: haha
- Patrick: I’m not a rails developer
- Me: ru-bee
- Me: ruh-bee
- Patrick: word