logstash is a tool for managing events and logs. You can use it to collect logs, parse them, and store them for later use (like, for searching). Speaking of searching, logstash comes with a web interface for searching and drilling into all of your logs.
It is fully free and fully open source. The license is Apache 2.0, meaning you are pretty much free to use it however you want in whatever way.
For more info, see http://logstash.net/
jar releases are available here: http://semicomplete.com/files/logstash/ If you want to build the jar yourself, run:
rpm, deb, or other package formats are not currently available, but are easy to build with fpm. If you are interested in seeing future releases include your favorite packaging format, please let me know.
All contributions are welcome: ideas, patches, documentation, bug reports, complaints, and even something you drew up on a napkin.
Programming is not a required skill. Whatever you've seen about open source and maintainers or community members saying "send patches or die" - you will not see that here.
It is more important to me that you are able to contribute.
That said, some basic guidelines, which you are free to ignore :)
- Have a problem you want logstash to solve for you? You can email the mailing list, or join the IRC channel #logstash on irc.freenode.org, or email me personally (email@example.com)
- Have an idea or a feature request? File a ticket on jira, or email the mailing list, or email me personally (firstname.lastname@example.org) if that is more comfortable.
- If you think you found a bug, it probably is a bug. File it on jira or send details to the mailing list.
- If you want to send patches, best way is to fork this repo and send me a pull
request. If you don't know git, I also accept diff(1) formatted patches -
whatever is most comfortable for you.
DO NOT MODIFY
Gemfile.lockIN YOUR PULL REQUESTS. THIS WILL CAUSE MERGE FAILURES.
- DO NOT MODIFY
- Want to lurk about and see what others are doing? IRC (#logstash on irc.freenode.org) is a good place for this as is the mailing list