Minimum Viable Product
Travelscape is a web application inspired by Instagram built using Ruby on Rails and React/Redux. In two weeks, this app will meet all of the following criteria with smooth, bug-free navigation, adequate seed data and sufficient CSS styling:
- Hosting on Heroku
- New account creation, login, and guest/demo login
- Upload/Delete Photos
- User Profiles
- Ability to Like and Comment Photo Posts
- Able to follow other users
- Photo Feed
- Infinity Scroll on Photofeed and User Profiles
- Intelligent Search by hash tags or username
- Direct Messaging - private one-to-one conversation or group chat
Phase 1: Backend setup and Front End User Authentication (2 days)
Objective: Functioning rails project with front-end Authentication hosted on Heroku.
Phase 2: Production README (1 days)
Objective: Highly detailed overview of how to use the app with wireframe support.
Phase 4: Posts Model, APIs, and components (2 days)
Objective: Posts can be created, read, edited and destroyed through the API.
Phase 5: Interactive Like Counter (1 days)
Objective: Images can be liked by users or users can remove their likes.
Phase 6: Comments can be added to Images (1 day)
Objective: Users can post and remove their own comments on any image post. Also, the main post has the ability to remove any comment.
Phase 7: Following & Photo Feed (1 day)
Objective: Users can follow / unfollow other users. Also, a photo feed will be implemented, so users can view the image posts of who they follow.
Bonus Features (TBD)
- Infinity scroll for Photo feed
- Basic Search by usernames
- Advanced Search by hash tags / usernames
- Discover based on top results for the overall user hash tags used.
- Direct private message