- Author: Joseph Lee
- Download stable version
- NVDA compatibility: 2019.1
This add-on brings NVDA Core issue 3208 to life: ability to check for, download, and apply add-on updates.
To check for updates after installing this add-on, go to NVDA menu/Tools/Check for add-on updates. If updates are available, a list of add-on updates will be shown, with each entry consisting of description, current version, and the new version. Select Update, and NVDA will download and apply updates in sequence, with a prompt to restart your NVDA shown afterwards.
The following add-ons provide built-in update feature and thus updates will not be checked via this add-on:
- Braille Extender
- This is a proof of concept add-on. Once the relevant feature is included in NVDA, this add-on will be discontinued.
- If the new add-on updates specify a compatibility range (minimum and last tested NVDA versions) and if the NVDA version you are running does not fall within the compatibility range, ad-don updating will not proceed.
- Requires NVDA 2019.1 or later.
- When installing add-on updates, both minimum and last tested versions will be checked.
- Requires NVDA 2018.4 or later.
- Improved responsiveness when checking for add-on updates.
- Made the add-on more compatible with Python 3.
- Python 3 ready.
- Fixed compatibility with recent NVDA alpha snapshots where add-on updates would not download.
- Added localizations.
- Updates for disabled add-ons can be checked. They will stay disabled after updating them.
- During updates, if an add-on requires specific NVDA version and/or Windows release, these will be checked, and if one of these does not match, an error message will be shown and update will be aborted, resulting in no changes to already installed add-on version.
- When automatic update check is enabled and when updates are ready, NVDA will present the updates list instead of asking if you wish to review updates.
- Initial stable release (still marked as proof of concept).