- Authors: Alex Hall, Joseph Lee, beqa gozalishvili, Tuukka Ojala, Ethin Probst and other NVDA contributors
- Download stable version
This add-on gives information about CPU load, memory usage and other resource usage information.
- NVDA+Shift+E Presents used ram, average processor load, and battery info if available.
- NVDA+Shift+1 Presents the average processor load and if multicore CPU's are present the load of each core.
- NVDA+Shift+2/5 Presents the used and total space for both physical and virtual ram.
- NVDA+Shift+3 Presents the used and total space of the static and removable drives.
- NVDA+Shift+4 Presents battery percentage, charging status, remaining time (if not charging), and a warning if the battery is low or critical.
- NVDA+Shift+6 Presents CPU Architecture 32/64-bit and Windows version and service pack numbers.
- NVDA+Shift+7 presents the system's uptime.
If you have NvDA 2013.3 or later installed, you can change these shortcut keys via input gestures dialog.
This add-on does not replace task manager and other system information programs for Windows. Also note the following:
- CPU usage is given for logical processors, not physical cores. This is noticeable for processors which uses Hyper-Threading where number of CPU's is twice the number of CPU cores.
- If there is heavy disk activity such as copying large files, there might be delays when obtaining disk usage information.
- This add-on requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later.
- Code has been made more compatible with Python 3.
- Updated psutil dependency to 5.4.7.
- When obtaining disk capacity and memory usage, NVDA will no longer give errors if using a computer or a service with more than a petabyte of RAM or disk size.
- Values for memory and disk usage are shown with up to two decimal places (e.g. 4.00 GB instead of 4.0 GB).
- Improved detection of Windows Insider Preview builds.
Version 18.04.x is the last release to support Windows releases earlier than 7 SP1.
- Last release to support Windows Server 2003, Vista and Server 2008.
- Better detection of Windows 10 releases and distinguishing between public and Insider Preview builds.
- Added support for 64-bit ARM processors on Windows 10.
Important: Version 17.09.x is the last version to support Windows XP.
- Last version to run on Windows XP.
- Windows 10 build 16278 and later is recognized as Version 1709. A minor revision for this add-on will be released once Version 1709 stable build is released.
- Reintroduce support for Windows XP (broken since version 17.02).
- Announcement of system uptime (time passed since last boot; NVDA+Shift+7).
- Updated psutil dependency to 5.0.1.
- When checking disk usage, NVDA will no longer present an error dialog on some systems where a removable media is not properly recognized (such as when a card isn't inserted into a card reader).)
Starting with version 16.08, add-on releases will be shown as year.month.revision.
- Various revisions of Windows 10 are now properly recognized (such as 1607 for build 14393).
- Windows 10 build revisions (after installing cumulative updates) are properly recognized (such as 14393.51).
- If using Insider Preview builds, this fact is recognized.
Changes for 4.5
- Add-on repository has moved to GitHub (can be found at https://github.com/josephsl/resourcemonitor).
- Windows Server 2016 is properly recognized.
Changes for 4.0
- Updated psutil dependency to 2.2.1.
- Vastly improved performance when obtaining information on CPU load.
- Added support for recognition of Windows 10.
- In Windows 10, the build number of Windows will also be announced.
- You can use Add-ons Manager to access add-on help.
Changes for 3.1
- Resource Monitor officially supports Windows 8.1.
- Updated translations.
Changes for 3.0
- Updated psutil dependency to 1.2.1.
- Announcement of current Windows version, CPU architecture and service pack if any (NVDA+Shift+6).
- Ability to change add-on shortcut keys (NVDA 2013.3 or later).
- Ability to copy individual resource information to clipboard by pressing resource commands two times.
Changes for 2.4
- New languages: Chinese (simplified), Ukrainian.
- Updated translations.
Changes for 2.3
- Added Bulgarian translation.
Changes for 2.2
- Added following translations: Arabic, Aragonese, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Tamil and Turkish.
Changes for 2.1
- Updated psutil dependency to version 0.6.1.
- Fixed long delay when getting information of drives.
- Code cleanup.
Changes for 2.0
- added translation support and translation comments.
Changes for 1.0
- Initial Release